What movie did you watch last night? (12 Viewers)

I intensely disliked No Country for Old Men (cool bad guy aside) and True Grit when I saw them at the time. TBH, at this point I like more films by them than I dislike and I'm quite sure I was wrong with whatever my problems about No Country were.
Actually I can see reasons to not like Old Country. I think True Grit was pretty great though.

Overlord. A big studio go at a b movie. Pretty good, very light on cgi, lots of practical fx and lots of kills

I watched Clint Eastwood's Tightrope. Randi Brooks, the "I don't mind" girl from The Man with two brains" is in it. Needless to say, they overdubbed her voice.

(finally) watched the Ipcress file.

I think at least two of you were recommending it and talking about the cinematography which was great. Good movie, will probably watch it again, Caine is really magnetic in it.

One of my all-time favourites. I've watched it countless times.

There are other films in the Harry Palmer series, but they're not a patch on this one.

Not a big Coen Brothers fan, i'm kind of lukewarm on them in general, but I loved that film when I saw it! Supremely ridiculous, would have watched the entire thing again immediately. Can't even remember what it's about.
I saw about 20 minutes of Hail Caesar the other night and it was great, one of their better films from the looks of things.

I intensely disliked No Country for Old Men (cool bad guy aside) and True Grit when I saw them at the time. TBH, at this point I like more films by them than I dislike and I'm quite sure I was wrong with whatever my problems about No Country were.
I loved No Country but was already a big fan of the book. True Grit looked wonderful but felt empty.

Yesterday I watched Prometheus and Alien: Covenant. I love Prometheus and Alien Covenant is fine. More Alien movies plz Mr Scott. You keep making them I'll keep watching them.
I preferred Covenant, that scene in the fields where they first encountered the aliens was class. Prometheus promised a lot that it didn’t deliver. Like a plot. Or believable characters. Or aliens. Proper aliens.

Street trash. Very questionable late 80's Troma-esque gory/horror. Very depressing tone to it, It's about a large group of hobos who are gettng a drink that melts them into goop. 100% practical effects and some cool kills .

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back