What movie did you watch last night? (8 Viewers)

Just finished The night comes for us. An Indonesian martial arts/triad film. It was really good. Super violent, some ropey acting and tons of fight sequences. Did I mention the violence??

Hail Caesar! Never saw this in the cinema unfortunately.
In a real sense it's kind of hodge-podgy and a bit scattered, but in another real sense its a fuckin brilliant tribute to 50s Hollywood and very funny at times. Its fuckin great basically, so long as you know a bit about golden age Hollywood. Its also got an amazing cast, giving a load of character actor legends another chance to be on the big screen.

In a real sense it's kind of hodge-podgy and a bit scattered, but in another real sense its a fuckin brilliant tribute to 50s Hollywood and very funny at times. Its fuckin great basically, so long as you know a bit about golden age Hollywood. Its also got an amazing cast, giving a load of character actor legends another chance to be on the big screen.
Would that it were so simple.

A few Kung Fu films on Netflix

The five Venoms

A master teaches five students in five different but deadly kung Fu styles forming a secret clan. After his death they each search for his associate who knows the whereabouts of his hidden treasure along with a sixth student from another master. This film is probably worth it for the fake beards alone also there's a good few baddies in it with there own styles going on.

Return To The 36th Chamber

This is a sequel to the 36th Chamber Of Shaolin and I've no idea if the story is related to the prequel. It maybe only features the same lead actor with the premise of learning martial arts at the Shaolin monastery ? I've a feeling it's less serious with a bit more comedy. The plots a little weak but I suppose with enough fighting.

Opium And The Kung Fu Master

This is a latter 1980s film from the same Hong Kong studio with some better sound and picture but still bad effects and dubbing in old fashioned English accents. A little more epic in feel an opium smoking house is set up as a business with one of the central characters becoming an addict its maybe the best one so far. I will check whatever else is on Netflix but there must be tones of these films from the 70s alone

Didn't like this at all.

Not a big Coen Brothers fan, i'm kind of lukewarm on them in general, but I loved that film when I saw it! Supremely ridiculous, would have watched the entire thing again immediately. Can't even remember what it's about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back