What movie did you watch last night? (8 Viewers)

At the weekend I turned the TV on and 'Beyond the Poseidon Adventure' was on. Total nonsense with Moiy Name Is Moichael Caine leading a disparate group of idiots I mean survivors out of the wreckage of a stricken ocean liner. Telly Savalas phones in his role as the international terrorist there to loot barrels of plutonium from the cargo hold. Yes that's right, the liner was transporting plutonium, and what??
Naturally this is complete bollocks of the right kind, a watchable pile of shit perfect for like Sunday afternoon or some crap.

Mainstream. Andrew Garfield plays a kerazzzy guy who becomes internet sensation after being discovered by a waitress. Never have I seen a bigger collection of annoying characters. I guess it was trying to make some comment on the perils of instant/unearned fame, which wouldn't ring so hollow if they didn't cast the daughter of Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke in the lead role.

At the weekend I turned the TV on and 'Beyond the Poseidon Adventure' was on. Total nonsense with Moiy Name Is Moichael Caine leading a disparate group of idiots I mean survivors out of the wreckage of a stricken ocean liner. Telly Savalas phones in his role as the international terrorist there to loot barrels of plutonium from the cargo hold. Yes that's right, the liner was transporting plutonium, and what??
Naturally this is complete bollocks of the right kind, a watchable pile of shit perfect for like Sunday afternoon or some crap.
the first movie The Poseidon Adventure is supposed to be serious but came across as a Naked Gun type piss take.
the acting was awful (Ernest Borgnine etc) and the first time myself and my brother watched in about 30 years ago we couldn't stop laughing at the at actors being serious about such a silly OTT movie.
we thought it was a comedy.

Army of the Dead. It was fine. It was exactly the zombie movie you'd expect from Zack Snyder.

LA Confidential. 9/10. Perfect film until the end. Deviates from the book which has a better, bleaker ending.

The Rental. Two couples rent an airbnb in the middle of nowhere and horrible things happen. Sort of halfway between a b-movie slasher flick and a mumblecore drame. I liked it, despite some cliches.

Rogue Trader. Nick Leeson biopic with Ewan McGregor. Very 90s, Loaded, Britpop, 'aaaavin it vibe. Lots of booze and laddish hijinks. McGregor is good though.

The Guest. I had meant to watch this before. The low budget shows in places and Dan Stevens basically carries the whole movie, but definitely worth a watch.

LA Confidential. 9/10. Perfect film until the end. Deviates from the book which has a better, bleaker ending.
Ooh what happens in the book? The cops show up at the cabin and shoot Guy Pearce and accept James Cromwell's explanations of everything that happened? Cromwell is a legend. No not Oliver, the other one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back