What movie did you watch last night? (20 Viewers)

Oh on Friday I watched Ronan being interviewed by Leagues. Surprised to see that it was almost completely about his music and the three MDR albums. Some great chat about the 2000s in Dublin.

Who knew Ro would be the break out hit of that scene? Erm, everyone.

A documentary about the go go's I had on the DVR.
It was fine, but part from our lips are sealed I didn't really hear a whole lot that impressed me.
Although they just seemed to repeat the same 6 or 7 songs throughout the film.

Last edited:
Started watching Compliance, but only got maybe half hour in, before the film froze up. (streaming phone to tv).
So I then put on Punishment park instead. Powerful film, that holds up today, showing the absurd and violent lengths people with power/authority will go to, to keep command.

The Ritual .. entertaining bit of british monster daftness...daughters choice this one.
The House Of the Devil ..absolutely abysmal 80's horror pastiche
The Wickerman ..fucking incredible and an absolute thrill to see my daughter in agreement. Kid has good movie taste I tell you. Its such a great buzz rewatching the classics with her.

Naw, man. Great film
Ahh man its not.

It looks and sounds fantastic mind you. The ,I'm assuming foley, work on it is brilliant.

It has all the makings of a cracker but it just misses . I was rather pleased that I spotted something fruity about the 911 lady.. and lo and behold it was Lena Dunham hamming it up!

Nevertheless I nearly fell asleep when she was banging about the house for 45 mins

Take Your Pills. Netflix doc on the rise of ADHD medicine among young adults. Seemed to suggest that ADHD was practically invented by the US pharma industry in the to sell drugs to parents of rambunctious kids in the 90s/00s. Interesting. Americans though, wha?

I signed up to a blu-ray subscription service a while back and it has been a joy to just add stuff to a list and have it sent out instead of being faced with constant indecision scrolling Netflix etc.

Bad Boys for Life - I honestly expected a lot better. Not great.
To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything... - I remembered this as being a lot better than it was. Not bad; just a bit dated I guess.
Blade Runner - first time. Great. Will go see it in the cinema next time it's on.
Busby - read Eamon Dunphy's incredible biography and then watch the doc to provide visuals. The doc only scratches the surface but is still enjoyable.
Finding Jack Charlton - emotional. Very good.

J.T. Walsh in one of his last - he does a well in it - It's pretty middling to shit but if you want something you can fall asleep a few times with and not be too concerned about missing huge chunks its a 10/10.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pretty shit but a bit kitcsh.

Kinda frustrating like the DOP wasn't great.

The neon demon.
On film four. A naive young model moves to LA to try and get into the fashion Industry. A shallow, bleak world full of horrible people. Insanely jealous, bitchy models. Cold, pretentious photographers. Obnoxious egotistical designers. Agressive landlords. The only decent person in to sees it for what it is and leaves. Great looking film, imaginative, really well shot....but it's detached, surreal, grim, slow moving, utterly humourless. Like it's subject matter. It's quite good.

This documentary about the reality of touring for smaller American bands.

A bit too long, but good.

The neon demon.
On film four. A naive young model moves to LA to try and get into the fashion Industry. A shallow, bleak world full of horrible people. Insanely jealous, bitchy models. Cold, pretentious photographers. Obnoxious egotistical designers. Agressive landlords. The only decent person in to sees it for what it is and leaves. Great looking film, imaginative, really well shot....but it's detached, surreal, grim, slow moving, utterly humourless. Like it's subject matter. It's quite good.

Forgot to mention the rather cool electronic soundtrack by former rock drummer Cliff Martinez.

The Mitchells vs the Machines. Excellent family movie, we were in knots laughing from start to finish. From the Into the Spiderverse team, I think.

Watched that last night. Animation is just as amazing as the Spiderverse film. There was a few lols. Not as many as you @dudley. The whole thing was a bit too current. I think it'll date.

We also attempted to watch TAG. Gave up on that shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

• chris d
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back