What movie did you watch last night? (11 Viewers)

Blinded By The Light. Bawled through 70% of it. I blame the lockdown.
I started blubbing when the Born To Run sequence came on.

Anyhoo.... Saint Maud last night. 10/10! Fucking amazing

Echoes of our own Matt Talbot about the lead I thought. Could be a dissertation in that for some film student

Mentioned on the MUBI thread that I watched the movie Pusher during the week. Excellent. Watched the second part of the trilogy last night. Just as good. Great drug dealer/criminal drama set in Copenhagen.

Sightseers...revisiting Ben Wheatley with my daughter..did not disappoint. Excellent

Gonna watch Kill List tonight oh yeah

Made a great mistake. Instead of Pusher 3, I put on Climax last night. Such an deeply intense film, but with the poxy ad breaks, made it worse, knowing you were going back in after some ad for baby formula and insurance. Heavy going.

85694-murdercycle-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg

Silly low budget thing. Gets better as it goes along but we are not watching this for the high art.

And this - Comedy horror - feel like @therealjohnny @Cormcolash would dig this one. I thought it was class.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Silly low budget thing. Gets better as it goes along but we are not watching this for the high art.

And this - Comedy horror - feel like @therealjohnny @Cormcolash would dig this one. I thought it was class.

interesting!

I haven't seen Re-Animator in years

Here's murdercycle. I mean i say it improves as it goes on, I'm not saying that it starts being good at all.

Been continuing with the Disney films:

Fun and Fancy Free - a weird pointless reprise from Jiminy Cricket but the two stories are decent enough. Bongo the bear and Mickey and the Beanstalk.

Melody Time - More multiple stories, including a reprise of the horny adventures of Donald Duck. Some decent trippy visuals in this one, the stories are hit and miss at best, mostly miss. The Trees and Wintertime sections were my favourite, trying to redo Fantasia and getting close enough.

The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad - Meh, alright. Some interesting stuff but not especially enjoyable. The Sleepy Hollow story is pure sex-creep when seen through modern eyes, the Wind in the Willows section is average, makes Rat really posh for no good reason.

Cinderella - noticeably modern compared to what came before, I saw this one a million times as a kid but it holds up well. I don't really have a lot to say about it aside from it clearly sets the template for what Disney would be doing in the future way more than Snow White. I like.

Alice in Wonderland - I mean it looks good but this book never really translates well onto the screen as you have to lose 90% of what makes it a decent book in favor of just the madcap story. I will say it's not bad but I was disappointed.

Peter Pan - bad. Peter Pan's just a dick and it's never explained why anyone could possibly like him. Loses all the psychology of the book and the racism is hard to overlook in this one.

Lady & the Tramp - I hadn't seen this in many years and its great! Aside from terrible stereotypes (Italian and Irish) and some straight up racism via the siamese cats, this holds up well. A noticeable improvement in the animation as well (apparently something to do with "Cinemascope" but it just felt richer than the previous few films to me, maybe the best since Pinocchio). The dog pound section is a highlight.

Sleeping Beauty - ah this one was fantastic. The visuals are amazing, right up there with Snow White when it comes to creating a world. The Prince and Princess are fairly cardboard cutout (although the Prince gets a bit more of a personality with his back and forth with his horse) so it's mostly the story of the three good witches vs. Maleficent. You can kind of see how Disney has gone from trying to present animation as art to a commercial juggernaut watching its bottom line at this point though.

Re-Animator rules. The fuckin cat hahaha.
I'd totally watch Murdercycle

The Hurt Locker

Decent but never really warmed to the characters so thats always a bad thing in my book . I need to care what happens to them

Kind of a film..

I watched Weezer playing OK Human with a reduced orchestra. Sounded great, really well played, everyone paying close attention to their parts, drums in particular sounded fantastic. Visually it was kind of boring though. Like watching a recording session. Everyone very awkward and aware of what was going on.

Better live album than video. Would listen to it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back