What movie did you watch last night? (5 Viewers)

Coming 2 America.

Completely daft, a good laugh I suppose. It's grand like.

Or as they say in the New Yorker:
"Like many reunions, the movie offers not an extended catch-up or an acknowledgment of great changes through time but, rather, a greeting, a warm and hearty word, a knowing nod to the past, and a feeling of disheartenment at the sentimental but hollow occasion. It’s burdened with its sense of dutiful effort."

Yeah, that's what I meant.

2001: A Space Odyssey. One of those films I’ve only ever seen in bits and pieces. Hard to believe it’s 53 years old, and it’s fantastic, but jesus that psychedelic sequence goes on far too long.

any use?? two hours seemed a bit much to me, so didn't bother...

Its decent. Co directed & narrated by her daughter. They had a complicated relationship, so it has a certain angle. I don't really find the music that interesting, but she was different for the time.
What was more interesting was her life outside of music. Unfortunately a lot of mental health problems, religious conversation & a chaotic lifestyle. She seemed to getting back on track in later years & then was diagnosed with terminal cancer.

2001: A Space Odyssey. One of those films I’ve only ever seen in bits and pieces. Hard to believe it’s 53 years old, and it’s fantastic, but jesus that psychedelic sequence goes on far too long.
Historically my fave bit of one of my fave movies!

I used to lorry into the auld jazz cannabis in those days though...and I haven't seen it since

I used to lorry into the auld jazz cannabis in those days though...and I haven't seen it since
rewatched dark star this week. wonderfully silly film. good comedy, bit of a stoner flick aswell. I was just trying to remember one scene so i'd to watch the whole thing. Parts of aliens is based on this, same crew.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Its decent. Co directed & narrated by her daughter. They had a complicated relationship, so it has a certain angle. I don't really find the music that interesting, but she was different for the time.
What was more interesting was her life outside of music. Unfortunately a lot of mental health problems, religious conversation & a chaotic lifestyle. She seemed to getting back on track in later years & then was diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Got a recommendation for Bloody Nose Empty Pockets, it's nice to see folks enjoying themselves in a pub. But I didn't watch all of it. It's sweet but fairly slight, and it presents itself as a kindof documentary, but isn't.

There was some mad horror yoke on TG4 recently which my dad was watching, didn't catch the name of it. It was about a woman with a baby who was I guess going mad with stress or something, she murdered her husband and sister (grand) but then she walked down to a lake with the screaming baby, I had a fairly significant freakout. First horror I've watched since my son was born, I won't be doing it again any time soon.

Blitzed: The 80s blitz kids story.
All about the club night in London that the new romantic scene grew out of. I knew about it, but It's pretty good.

There's documentaries & boxsets about every little thing now.
It's the age of retrospection. We're looking into the rear view mirror.

Blitzed: The 80s blitz kids story.
All about the club night in London that the new romantic scene grew out of. I knew about it, but It's pretty good.

There's documentaries & boxsets about every little thing now.
It's the age of retrospection. We're looking into the rear view mirror.
It's ridic. Biopics that don't get the rights to use the music about musicians who are still alive

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back