What movie did you watch last night? (18 Viewers)

The Journey

That's the one where Colm Meaney and Timothy Spall play Martin McGuinness and Ian Paisley.
It's good and all, but it might be better to watch 20 years from now. I don't know who this movie is for really. Anyone who gives a shit already knows all this. And anyone who doesn't won't understand the nuances of it so they won't.

Also, despite their best efforts, they couldn't find a way of portraying a sympathetic version of Paisley. They managed to make McGuinness look like a decent chap even though he wasn't. Funny that. Discuss*.

*Please do not discuss

So watched
Prom night.
Slow burner slasher form 1980. Very few kills, and slow paced, but it does have Jamie Lee Curtis disco dancing, Leslie Neilson in a more serious role and Dori from Sledge hammer! (if anyone remembers that) as a sociopath. Still no more than say 3/10. There was way better films then.
Headhunters.
Group of business students go on a hike/team building assessment, hoping for a prized job. If you like only one survives wilderness pursuit films, this one is pretty good. Some good kills and practical fx no digital cheating.
And lastly:
The Void.
Brilliant. I'll have to rewatch it. A cult surround a hospital that is closing soon. A hospital with secrets. Watch this.

So watched
Prom night.
Slow burner slasher form 1980. Very few kills, and slow paced, but it does have Jamie Lee Curtis disco dancing, Leslie Neilson in a more serious role and Dori from Sledge hammer! (if anyone remembers that) as a sociopath. Still no more than say 3/10. There was way better films then.
Headhunters.
Group of business students go on a hike/team building assessment, hoping for a prized job. If you like only one survives wilderness pursuit films, this one is pretty good. Some good kills and practical fx no digital cheating.
And lastly:
The Void.
Brilliant. I'll have to rewatch it. A cult surround a hospital that is closing soon. A hospital with secrets. Watch this.
Rewatched The Void recently too. Liked it a lot better the second time. Lovecraft + Carpenter vibes

The Croods 250% of the audience fell asleep but me and the boy enjoyed it.

Blithe Spirit. 50% of the audience fell asleep halfway through and I turned it off. Dan Stevens hamming it up is good.

then I finished COD BLOPS CW which was very cinematic.

Ex Machina kind of a sci-fi thriller which is not to far from our own present day technology. An office worker is called to visit his bosses reclusive home to study an artificial intelligence he created. I liked it.

The Secrets Of The Saqqara Tomb on Netflix a documentary about the excavation of a recently discovered tomb at the necropolis there which I think I posted a short news clip about it in the bored in work sometime. This is brilliantly shot and delves a little into the personal lives of some of the workers there as well as showing other artifacts and findings they make in the area.

Alone in the Past.

Russian lad spends 190 days living in a house from the year 1000.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Been watching loads of old Disney stuff, both the old shorts and the films. Very impressed with the classics, Snow White, Bambi, Dumbo, etc. Fantasia is a bit dull but fair play to them for unashamedly trying to present animation as art for it's own sake.

Anyway, into the war years right now so things are a bit lean, just watched Three Caballeros, basically Donald Duck's LSD fuelled sex holiday around Latin America

full.thethreecaballeros_26174__67113.1575651335.jpg

on the one hand it's nice to see a positive presentation of Latin America, and even a recognition that there are, e.g. many different areas in somewhere like Mexico. On the other hand it's literally just scene after scene of Donald hornily groping at women

Been watching loads of old Disney stuff, both the old shorts and the films. Very impressed with the classics, Snow White, Bambi, Dumbo, etc. Fantasia is a bit dull but fair play to them for unashamedly trying to present animation as art for it's own sake.

Anyway, into the war years right now so things are a bit lean, just watched Three Caballeros, basically Donald Duck's LSD fuelled sex holiday around Latin America

full.thethreecaballeros_26174__67113.1575651335.jpg

on the one hand it's nice to see a positive presentation of Latin America, and even a recognition that there are, e.g. many different areas in somewhere like Mexico. On the other hand it's literally just scene after scene of Donald hornily groping at women
Have you watched Song of the South yet?

Have you watched Song of the South yet?
Song of the South is a bit of a punchline film in fairness, is it on youtube or anything? Most of the racism so far has been well meaning but leaning on stereotypes

more amazing are the Looney Tunes straight up racist cartoons

look at this stuff

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A subtle little film with gratuitous full frontal nudity with violence and bodily torture..and Satanists.

My goodness, Candace Glendenning..to the retro horn thread with you

1613498237043.jpeg
1613498293627.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back