What movie did you watch last night? (20 Viewers)

Teenage superstars.
A documentary about the Scottish indie rock scene of the 80s & 90s. T'was good.
Like every scene there's a handful of good bands & a lot of also rans, it seemed to be built on very self consciously referencing cool bands from the 60s & 70s.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yer wan from the vaselines is still very cute.

Nightbreed a less successful film of Clive Barker's with David Cronenberg as the main badey. This seems to blend different film genres a little there are some vampire vibes without any actually in it phycology thriller stuff or slasher film ? I dunno and am far from expert. I enjoyed though even just for the plan weirdness of it all think there's three hour version of as well which supposedly makes more sense?

Putin's palace. History of world's largest bribe

Alexei Navalny, who is stunningly still alive after this got 80 million watches talks through Putins career in corruption. It is subtitled and dense, i paused at some of the sections. I did post it elswhere but its a movie for sure.

After about 20 mins i was like, this lad is gonna die in prison. At a certain point I slightly started thinking about putin essentially having transformed himself into a modern say Tsar with the Palace and all that. Kinda knew a fair bit of it already..

Nightbreed a less successful film of Clive Barker's with David Cronenberg as the main badey. This seems to blend different film genres a little there are some vampire vibes without any actually in it phycology thriller stuff or slasher film ? I dunno and am far from expert. I enjoyed though even just for the plan weirdness of it all think there's three hour version of as well which supposedly makes more sense?
It’s an adaptation of Cabal isn’t it? I haven’t seen it but keep meaning to.

I've no idea if it is or not basically allot freaks of hideing out in a subterranean labyrinth beneath a graveyard with some sort of supernatural element that keeps them alive and mutates them. A masked serial killer who otherwise poses as a respectable professional takes up a personal vendetta against them with local law enforcement resulting with some subsequent fights explosions and monsters.

I've no idea if it is or not basically allot freaks of hideing out in a subterranean labyrinth beneath a graveyard with some sort of supernatural element that keeps them alive and mutates them. A masked serial killer who otherwise poses as a respectable professional takes up a personal vendetta against them with local law enforcement resulting with some subsequent fights explosions and monsters.
That sounds like Cabal all right.

I remember the massive hype and advertisement push for the Nightbreed game in Your Sinclair and Crash back in the day. Looked like the scariest film ever, then. Have only seen youtube clips since.

Cutter's Way

What an odd movie. It's been on my list for ages, probably because it was mentioned on here.

John Heard is as great in it as I'd been led to believe.

I must re-watch it to fully get my head around it.

Cutter's Way

What an odd movie. It's been on my list for ages, probably because it was mentioned on here.

John Heard is as great in it as I'd been led to believe.

I must re-watch it to fully get my head around it.
Love that film. Extremely good heavy grotty late 70s vibe, where every character is a degenerate, alcoholic lowlife fuck up or a rich psychopath

Love that film. Extremely good heavy grotty late 70s vibe, where every character is a degenerate, alcoholic lowlife fuck up or a rich psychopath
i thought it strange that yacht club/tennis club guy Bones would be friends with crazed drunken vet Cutter. But that was the least odd thing about this film.

Teenage superstars.
A documentary about the Scottish indie rock scene of the 80s & 90s. T'was good.
Like every scene there's a handful of good bands & a lot of also rans, it seemed to be built on very self consciously referencing cool bands from the 60s & 70s.

Yer wan from the vaselines is still very cute.

I'll have to watch that. I like some of the music but jesus, those bands went from "not much to say" to completely inarticulate "this is shoegaze" didn't they?

The bicycle Theif - post ww2 italian neorealism.

More subtitles. here is the whole movie:

Been on my list for a long time. I'd read enough online about it being one of the most tragic movies ever (this is possibly how it got on my watch list) and it didn't dissapoint. A great window into the past, a nice look at italy at that time. Suspect i'll watch it again soon enough, as I didn't relaly have the sound loud enough to appreciate the soundtrack - cool back story

Raise the Red Lantern

Set in 1920's China. Gong Li being amazing again. Its kinda about incarceration. It was very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back