What movie did you watch last night? (9 Viewers)

Mandy.
It was on film four the other night. A surreal, revenge, horror film. I didn't know Nicolas Cage was in it & normally that's enough to make want to switch, but I kept watching, because this is an incredible looking film. Really stylized, murky, hazy, visuals. Loads of rich psychedelic lighting effects. Kind of like Dario Argento's inferno, but with everything turned up to 11. Subtle it ain't....looks amazing though.

Last edited:
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse - deadly!
Point Break - a fun movie I somehow have only seen once before.
Calamity Jane - good craic if a little problematic (unsurprisingly) with lines that go something like "Gosh, with hills these pretty it's no wonder them damn Injuns fight so hard to keep hold of them".

White Boy Tim. Some true story about a lad who sold guns, then drugs, then got shot, then sold drugs again, got arrested, was offered a deal by the feds if he ratted out his mates, went for the deal, it never happened, spent 30 years in prison. I think the point of the film is to get the viewer upset at the injustice of it all. It doesn't. It's also rubbish and boring.

Hope Gap .. Marriage Story for old dudes. Good
Le Mans 1966 .. Rocky on wheels. Great
Nomadland ... Not as grim Ken Loach knockoff in the back of a van in Merica . Decent

Bang of "rolling out our National Treasures to make another worthy drama about well off white people having marital problems in picture-esque villages" off that. That said I'll probably watch it.
Yeah ..beautiful scenery and all that and a terrific house. Which is nice

Run. Was ok, could have done with a few extra minutes on character development because there’s something that happens in it that has a motivation presented in isolation that’s so wrongheaded it’s actually really offensive.

The first “mainstream Hollywood thriller” to star an actual wheelchair user in 70 years, apparently.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Run. Was ok, could have done with a few extra minutes on character development because there’s something that happens in it that has a motivation presented in isolation that’s so wrongheaded it’s actually really offensive.

The first “mainstream Hollywood thriller” to star an actual wheelchair user in 70 years, apparently.

Yeah, bit bland and poorly acted but was ok

Whiplash. Full Metal Jacket on drums.

The ending was troublesome, seemed to be contrary to the point of the movie, which was a really made point for most of the movie.

Also, if only all problems involving good but difficult drummers could be solved by shouting "FASTER" at them. It's usually the opposite.

All in all it was pretty great.

Whiplash. Full Metal Jacket on drums.

The ending was troublesome, seemed to be contrary to the point of the movie, which was a really made point for most of the movie.

Also, if only all problems involving good but difficult drummers could be solved by shouting "FASTER" at them. It's usually the opposite.

All in all it was pretty great.
Aww man I loved that movie . Ridiculous but deadly

Not my tempo

there’s something that happens in it that has a motivation presented in isolation that’s so wrongheaded it’s actually really offensive.

EjqgoJfU4AIsQkJ.jpg

Z for Zachariah - 2015

Nice, short, simple post apocalyptic sci fi. And I'll say this for Chris Pine, that dude is handsome.

Another year.
Directed by Mike Leigh. Ordinary life captured perfectly. Really moving in places, especially the closing shot.
great film that

over the break, i re-watched life is sweet and it's still as utterly excellent as ever. moves me to tears that one, ever time

also watched nuts in may - a play for today film he did in '76 (iirc). which was great.

mike leigh rules

Last edited:
We watched Another Year last night. Outstanding.

My gf dosent know how I come up with great ideas for movies..I just tell her cos I have great taste..but its all this thread! Been doing it for years. Its the best movie resource online.

Real reviews of real movies by real people ,real quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back