What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

Night of the creeps (1986)
Fairy typical American 80s comedy horror, but not bad once it gets going. Frat boys, sorority girls, nerds & zombies. The big slimy leeches were cool & there is some good zombie kills.

Last edited:
Does this count as a movie? Lovers Rock - the second part of Steve McQueen's Small Axe anthology. This was extraordinary - I now regret not watching it on a big screen with proper sound.

We watched a film about a creep at Fox news getting the business from some of the women working there, can't remember the name of it.
It was ok I suppose it would be more enjoyable if you were in America and knew all of the characters in it.
Good cast, John Lithgow, Margot Robbie, Brigette Lundy-Paine, Rob Delaney etc

We watched a film about a creep at Fox news getting the business from some of the women working there, can't remember the name of it.
It was ok I suppose it would be more enjoyable if you were in America and knew all of the characters in it.
Good cast, John Lithgow, Margot Robbie, Brigette Lundy-Paine, Rob Delaney etc
Bombshell. Thought it was good; margot robbie's character is a 'composite' but ther other two are pretty accurate I believe.

Fuck me. I still feel hungover after this.

Making a mockery of the standard "no animals were hurt in the making of this film" disclaimer.

Amazing film but I wish they'd found another way to show the kangaroo hunt.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fuck me. I still feel hungover after this.

Making a mockery of the standard "no animals were hurt in the making of this film" disclaimer.

Amazing film but I wish they'd found another way to show the kangaroo hunt.

Never watched it for that very reason

That mostly arrived in the early 80s in Hollywood and spread from there, so in 1980 Oz they most likely didn't give a fack about it

i watched all or nothing, career girls and naked by mike leigh over the past few nights. brilliant films all of them. mike leigh is a treasure

i feel like the durutti column would have been for mike leigh a sort of a popol vuh for werner herzog. i feel like it was a massive opportunity missed. for me the durutti column is the musical equivalent of a mike leigh film - beautiful, virtuosic, tinged with melancholy and humanity, and definitively english

Last edited:
Happiest Season. The queer Christmas movie. Like it was quite funny but every character was a rich, ambitious, highly educated white person, or trying to fit into that’s world, and they were sort of saying that’s bad but also selling as something to aspire to. You can’t have your cake and eat it guys

B A R M Y . Packed full of stars and actual deformed folk in a hair brained fever dream by Michael Winner.
Extraordinarily bad and fun. Recommended.

NYC 1977. Looks unbelievable.

maxresdefault.jpg

B A R M Y . Packed full of stars and actual deformed folk in a hair brained fever dream by Michael Winner.

maxresdefault.jpg
Speaking of small parts I just watched this episode of Columbo (A case of immunity) which also features Jeff Goldblum in a really small role.

Attachments

• IMG_8938.JPG
    IMG_8938.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 2

maxresdefault.jpg

just watched "Found Footage". Australian found footage/mass killer film, similar to The Ploughkeepsie tapes. Some good kills. Also like that there's no intro or credits. it's kept to look like the dvd footage.
Now trying to watch " Strip nude for your killer". 70's sexploitation/slasher horror. Not really into it tbh. Lot of dodgy undertones

Users who are viewing this thread

• dudley
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back