What movie did you watch last night? (20 Viewers)

Rebecca. Was alright. I've never seen the hitchcock version or read the book though, so i dunno.

Jason Williamson from Sleaford Mods crops up in the middle of it for about 10 seconds. Pentangle on the soundtrack too.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Borat 2 was ok. Couple of funny bits but most of it just rehashed from the first film. Looked to me like Giuliani was actually just tucking his shirt in, but he was definitely being a creep before that.

Same.

I recall being in my late teens and all the girls were swooning over Donnie Darko, who was like, soooooooo gorgeous. I just thought in real life you girls would bully a wierdo boy like that to his grave. Need to give it another go as a sortof adult.

Still works for me. Loved it when I saw it first (which was at the IFI Horrorthon when it was released). If the only good thing about it was the opening scene when Donnie wakes up in the middle of the road, climbs onto his bike, and cycles into town to the strains of "Killing Moon" that would be enough for me anyway.

Still works for me. Loved it when I saw it first (which was at the IFI Horrorthon when it was released). If the only good thing about it was the opening scene when Donnie wakes up in the middle of the road, climbs onto his bike, and cycles into town to the strains of "Killing Moon" that would be enough for me anyway.
I saw it in the IFI when it came out too, would have been around the same age as the teenagers in the movie and it just totally clicked with me. I haven’t watched it since it came out on DVD and I’m not sure I want to watch it again until my kids are watching it for the first time.

I saw it in the IFI when it came out too, would have been around the same age as the teenagers in the movie and it just totally clicked with me. I haven’t watched it since it came out on DVD and I’m not sure I want to watch it again until my kids are watching it for the first time.
Same. Loved it then. Felt like the producers had made a film specifically with me in mind.

Going for a mini-season of Halloween-themed movies (hence Donnie Darko last night). Gimme other suggestions ...... 15/16 rated horror is fine but not the more hardcore stuff (e.g. Halloween).

Going for a mini-season of Halloween-themed movies (hence Donnie Darko last night). Gimme other suggestions ...... 15/16 rated horror is fine but not the more hardcore stuff (e.g. Halloween).
Sleepy Hollow, The Blair Witch Project, The Guest, Poltergeist, Beetlejuice, The Witches, Halloween 3: Season of the Witch (the non-slasher one), Sixth Sense, Zombieland, The Craft

Sleepy Hollow, The Blair Witch Project, The Guest, Poltergeist, Beetlejuice, The Witches, Halloween 3: Season of the Witch (the non-slasher one), Sixth Sense, Zombieland, The Craft
gonna watch Blair Witch again this week.

Do so every 3 or 4 years. My stupid teenage self didn't appreciate it back in 97 or 98 when I saw it in the cinema

Psycho
The Shining
28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead
Rosemary’s Baby
Let the Right One In
Night of the Living Dead
Prince of Darkness
Warm Bodies
Nosferatu (either one)
Ring (Japanese version)

I've actually never seen Blair Witch ...

Cornu - most of that's a bit strong. But Psycho is definitely on the list. I'm pushing for The Shining but not getting much enthusiasm about that.

I love Prince Of Darkness! Actually that was the first film I saw in the cinema after they banned smoking in cinemas. I was a big smoker at that time and Christ I was dying for a fag after about 20 minutes.

It's looking like Sixth Sense for this evening.

Halloween 3 is great. Bonkers, cheap, brilliant opening scene.

Think of all the mad shit we watched and listened to when we were far too young. Have at it, is my opinion. Okay, i shit myself about Freddie for years, but you've got to work through that stuff.

Also loved Donnie Darko. Great teenage feeling to it.

Halloween 3 is great. Bonkers, cheap, brilliant opening scene.

Think of all the mad shit we watched and listened to when we were far too young. Have at it, is my opinion. Okay, i shit myself about Freddie for years, but you've got to work through that stuff.

Also loved Donnie Darko. Great teenage feeling to it.
Very much agree.

I had real full on "fuck you" arguments with teachers that have never ever been disagreed with about this. All the other kids just thought I was crazy. It was the time of the Jamie Bolger murder, which the oldies wanted to blame on a movie about a possessed doll. Scary movies don't warp you. Work through that stuff.

Any time I watched anything scary with the family, my dad would say "Jaysus it's only a fillum!".

Halloween 3 scared the shit out of me though. That's going on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

• chris d
  • B
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back