What movie did you watch last night? (10 Viewers)

Books of Blood. Clive Barker adaptation, although could you even call it that since only one of the three stories were from the book, and the other two were the director's originals. It was bland, tame, meh horror. Better shit turns up on Netflix every so often.

Books of Blood. Clive Barker adaptation, although could you even call it that since only one of the three stories were from the book, and the other two were the director's originals. It was bland, tame, meh horror. Better shit turns up on Netflix every so often.
That’s disappointing to hear. I was really hope they would do him justice.

Black 47 was on the other night, fuckin beasht of a film

It was my first time seeing it. Really enjoyed it.

Also because of @therealjohnny 's rhinestone cowboy event i had that in mind and the morning after watching it i was out the back singing sweet famine time to the the tune of sweet caroline.

Might watch it again soon, missed the start. Is there any female dialog in it at all?

Inferno (1980) directed by Dario Argento. Heavily stylised Italian horror film. Looks great. Almost like a graphic novel in places. Cool set design and loads of red & blue lighting used. The visuals & atmosphere definitely take precidence over the plot, which is a bit sketchy. I enjoyed it all the same.

A black and white night with a Debra Kerr double Bill; Eye of the Devil and The Innocents

I hadn't seen The Innocents before- fuck me, that was a bit messed up. Lovely looking film though, will watch again.

Not really a movie, but a documentary: The Mole

It's this kind of wacky amateur investigative journalism thing, that goes massively better than it has any right to do. (Similar to Icarus. Icarus (2017 film) - Wikipedia )

Inferno (1980) directed by Dario Argento. Heavily stylised Italian horror film. Looks great. Almost like a graphic novel in places. Cool set design and loads of red & blue lighting used. The visuals & atmosphere definitely take precidence over the plot, which is a bit sketchy. I enjoyed it all the same.

very similar plot to Susperia ! but why not ?
Argento's movies look fantastic but the plots aren't important.
Keith Emerson did the music instead of GOBLIN.

Yeah, they look great but don't make a lot of sense.
I ordered secondhand DVDs of suspiria & Tenebrae during the week.
Like inferno I have seen suspiria before but I'd forgotten it.

Had a week off work, so I watched a few things-

To Live and Die in LA - William Friedkin directed mid 1980s cops and robbers 'neo noir', with a young Willem Dafoe as the banknote forger villain. The 2 special forces cop leads descend into deeply murky moral territory as the film goes on and they get obsessed about revenge. Quite good fun though the style is mega 80s. Couple of superb car chases.

Leave No Trace - Gently understated film about a burnt out war veteran and his daughter living off the grid in the forests near Portland Oregon and getting pulled back into society against their will. Made by the Winters Bone director and has quite a similar tone though less bleak than I remember that film being. Good stuff, bit of an emotional punch without any huge fireworks.

Thief - Michael Mann's directorial debut from 1981 with James Cann as a jewel thief antihero trying to make a big score so he can get out of the business and start a family. Pleasingly scuzzy city at night neon lights vibe with a Tangerine Dream synth score. You can see the obvious influence of this on things like Drive later on.

Ring of Darkness
Sleazy Italian occult themed horror. From the opening Satanic disco dance choreographed routine/orgy you know what you're in for.
Lots of gratuitous nudity, which is disturbing given the "Daria" actor was only 13 at the time.
The poster is the best thing about it.

Attachments

• IMG_8908.JPG
    IMG_8908.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 3
A black and white night with a Debra Kerr double Bill; Eye of the Devil and The Innocents

I hadn't seen The Innocents before- fuck me, that was a bit messed up. Lovely looking film though, will watch again.

Haven't seen the Innocents in years but I remember thinking it was brilliant and really effective at the time. The follow up to the Haunting of Hill House, the Haunting of Bly Manor is based on the same story

Half way through the Shining before i got too drunk and started watching no more Jockeys on the tube. Greatest intro ever? Had some good whatsapp fun trying to guess Jack's age.

Users who are viewing this thread

• T
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back