What movie did you watch last night? (23 Viewers)

Cornish film Bait which was on film 4 during the week. It's in black in white with some effects to make it look a little like some old news report from the 1950s. I missed the first half hour but the story was conveyed well sometimes by just focusing on everyday objects or briefly the characters in the film without any dialogue good sense of realism.

I think what you're really trying to say here is IT'S FUCKIN AMAZIN

Last night 'Inside Man' was on the tv (not that I have one) so watched it again and I think it actually gets better on repeat. It's great, there's a good bang of "Taking of Pelham" off it even in the score. It's kind of like a more contemporary 'Taking of Pelham' except this time the robbers win haha

Watched the Go-Gos Documentary there the other day, exactly the incredibly low-stakes doc I needed.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A very well done music doc as well, recommended.

Today

Dracula (1931)
I've seen clips from it over the years, & know some of the dialogue, but had never watched the whole film until today. It's very stilted in places & the close ups are more funny than scary...well it's almost 90 years old. But I liked it. Some cool atmospheric set design.

Night of the demon (1957)
Another film I've know of for ages but never watched. Really well directed and shot, good acting....but the story didn't really grab me.

Today

Dracula (1931)
I've seen clips from it over the years, & know some of the dialogue, but had never watched the whole film until today. It's very stilted in places & the close ups are more funny than scary...well it's almost 90 years old. But I liked it. Some cool atmospheric set design.

Another film I've know of for ages but never watched. Really well directed and shot, good acting....but the story didn't really grab me.
I’ve never watched all of Dracula, I’ve seen bits over the years but Night of the Demon is deadly! Story is an absolute classic based on “Casting the Runes” by M.R. James:

The Trial of the Chicago 7 (in the cinema!). It's a Netflix film written and directed by Aaron Sorkin so don't go near it if you don't hold either of those in high esteem. There are lots of famous people in it and it'll be on Netflix in a few weeks.

Today

Dracula (1931)

Night of the Demon (1957) is one of my all-time favourites. One of my go-to films when I can't decide what else to watch

"Dana Andrews said prunes gave him the runes..."

Night of the Demon (1957) is one of my all-time favourites. One of my go-to films when I can't decide what else to watch

"Dana Andrews said prunes gave him the runes..."

It was good, but I was expecting to like it more... maybe because of it's reputation. I might give it another watch some time.

Last edited:
The Patriot starring Mel Sugartits was on the other night. Had never actually seen it, entertaining nonsense. Clearly Mel trying to do a Last Of The Mohicans. Guess I have to go watch the end of Last Of The Mohicans again now

another Isabelle Huppert movie on Mubi last night called Amateur.

some quirky comedy thriller from mid 90s. Was alright. Wouldn't go around recommending it wholeheartedly. Soundtrack featured yo la tengo, pavement, pj harvey, MBV and more which was a pleasant surprise

Peter Cushing attempts to explain to Ray Milland why cats are bastards. Also features John Vernon, Donald Pleasance and other familiar faces.

As silly as it appears but good fun.

Watched him in this yesterday, which also stars a young Brian Cox

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back