What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

I watched I’m Thinking of Ending Things last night. It’s very Charlie Kaufman so if you don’t like his films I wouldn’t bother. I liked it. First half is good. Second half drags on a bit

I watched Les Miserables the other day.
Russell Crowe is chasing Huge Jackedman across France in his jeep....
Wait no that's a different Les Miserables, this one is a new French film about a squad of cops on patrol in one of the more run-down Paris banlieues. I'm not gonna say much except that it feels a bit like La Haine crossed with the French TV show Engrenages/Spiral, which is also class.
Basically this is great, has a bit of The Wire kind of feel to it as well. It's not as good as La Haine, but La Haine is a perfect piece of filmmaking so what ya gonna do.

For the past three nights I've been watching Marillion concerts online. They livestreamed a gig and other shenanigans because the usual Conventions were cancelled. Fun watching something with 7000 other people with live chatting.

Watched a film yesterday called This Is Where I End It (or something like that). Fucking looong. First half + is good then it turns into a poor lets-do-david-lynch at the end and I ended up hating it and hating myself for watching it.

That'd be the latest Charlie Kaufman.

Which I also didn't realize was the latest Charlie Kaufman when I put it on. The lead actor is from Kerry!

Made my first cinema trip in 6 months, to see Tenet. It's fine... The time reversal sci-fi hook could have made what is otherwise yet another slick superspy globe-trotting Mission Impossible / Bond / Bourne thing into something a bit fresher, but it mostly just makes it more difficult to follow. Chris Nolan still cannot really do natural-sounding dialogue and you get a cliche Bond villian in the form of Kenneth Brannagh doing a Russki accent. There are a few great set pieces in fairness and John Washington adds a bit of charm to what would otherwise be a fairly blank central character (Robert Pattinson also good).

Made my first cinema trip in 6 months, to see Tenet. It's fine... The time reversal sci-fi hook could have made what is otherwise yet another slick superspy globe-trotting Mission Impossible / Bond / Bourne thing into something a bit fresher, but it mostly just makes it more difficult to follow. Chris Nolan still cannot really do natural-sounding dialogue and you get a cliche Bond villian in the form of Kenneth Brannagh doing a Russki accent. There are a few great set pieces in fairness and John Washington adds a bit of charm to what would otherwise be a fairly blank central character (Robert Pattinson also good).

Yeah it's a good laugh and is definitely another Christopher Nolan basically a Bond film job, good action and shit but also pretty ridiculous

I thought Tenet was rubbish. Found it really boring.

If you like trying-too-hard to be oh-so-fucking cool banter with over-stylised characters then you might like this

I hated it

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back