What movie did you watch last night? (9 Viewers)

I think the angel gang appeared after i stopped reading the comics in the late 80s/early 90s. Although Mean Machine looks great.

But "I knew you'd say that" only appeared in that film, right?

Synecdoche, New York.

If you're struggling with mental health, and things have taken a turn for the fucked in the middle of a pandemic, this isn't the film to watch.

It's a good film. But the last film I watched was Uncut Gems which was set frighteningly close to home/reality. Upon choosing this as the followup I'm now close to being scared of watching more films.

I need to watch something comparatively soothing like No Country For Old Men.

I think the angel gang appeared after i stopped reading the comics in the late 80s/early 90s. Although Mean Machine looks great.

But "I knew you'd say that" only appeared in that film, right?
The Angel Gang were introduced in 1980, Mean Machine had recurring plot lines at least up to the late 90s.

Valerian and The City of a Thousand Planets (or whatever it’s called). Lasted about 7 minutes before the albino avatar/pearl collecting scene at the start made me wrathful and turn it off.

Alien: Covenant - surprisingly not shit! I avoided this when it came out as Prometheus left a bad taste in my mouth. The overall plot is thin and fairly obvious (especially the “shock” twist at the end) but the actual scenes with the aliens themselves were brilliant, tense and genuinely frightening. Especially the first encounters outside.

Spaceship Earth. Excellent documentary about an ex-commune of hippy nerds who build a bioshpere and live inside it for 2 years. Thoroughly engaging with a cast of likeable weirdos and a surprising twist at the end. Trailer's a bit misleading as it ramps up the cult/threat/horror element which it's not really about.

A Simple Favour on Netflix starring Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively. You'll find it filed under thriller as well as comedy. It's really silly and I enjoyed it a lot. Definitely a comedy.

Watched The Circle. Emma Watson plays an intrepid young tech employee who uncovers dark secrets in the creepy Facebook like company she works for. Shite. Feels like it was thrown together in a few weeks. Looks as though Tom Hanks shot all his scenes in one day. Emma Watson is awful and John Boyega is wasted.

BlacKkKlansman

After the poxiness of Da 5 Bloods this was just great. Great acting, genuinely funny scenes, tension. Lee can be a bit too didactic at times but in this film he pitches it right. Harry Belafonte's scene in it is heartbreaking.

Watched The Circle. Emma Watson plays an intrepid young tech employee who uncovers dark secrets in the creepy Facebook like company she works for. Shite. Feels like it was thrown together in a few weeks. Looks as though Tom Hanks shot all his scenes in one day. Emma Watson is awful and John Boyega is wasted.

Might watch this for a laugh now

i found it hard to give a shit about any of the characters in it.
I don’t think you really needed to though, they were there as a vehicle for the aliens (literally in some cases).

Today we watched The Lego Batman Movie in the cinema. No one else was there and it was great. I think it is the best Batman movie of them all. Then we watched Moana at home, knew nothing about it (other than the songs from Disney playlists) and I really enjoyed it.

The Holy Mountain.

Whacked out surrealism from the early 70s written, directed & starring Alejandro Jodorowsky. I bought it on DVD along with El topo a few years ago after watching a documentary about Jodorowsky. He's quiet a character. Anyway I never got around to watching it until this evening. ( a bit of pattern for me)

What's it about? Eh....Im not sure to be honest. I'll have to refer you to the Wikipedia page The Holy Mountain (1973 film) - Wikipedia. Visually it's really imaginative & inventive. You would probably need to read a book about all the symbolism. On first watch it's just a series of bizzare scenes. Some slightly disturbing. But mostly just strange. It's worth watching for the visuals & the craziness.

The Holy Mountain.

Whacked out surrealism from the early 70s written, directed & starring Alejandro Jodorowsky. I bought it on DVD along with El topo a few years ago after watching a documentary about Jodorowsky. He's quiet a character. Anyway I never got around to watching it until this evening. ( a bit of pattern for me)

What's it about? Eh....Im not sure to be honest. I'll have to refer you to the Wikipedia page The Holy Mountain (1973 film) - Wikipedia. Visually it's really imaginative & inventive. You would probably need to read a book about all the symbolism. On first watch it's just a series of bizzare scenes. Some slightly disturbing. But mostly just strange. It's worth watching for the visuals & the craziness.
I haven’t seen it in years but I loved it when I saw it, even if 95% of it went over my head. Much prefer it to El Topo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back