What movie did you watch last night? (11 Viewers)

The Pulp documentary from a few years ago about their final show in Sheffield - it was great. I love Pulp more after it.

The Conversation - I gave up about three quarters of the way into it. My wife lasted about a third of the film. Best movie of the 70s? Gripping? Thriller? Is there a different movie with the same name also starring Gene Hackman because this was absolutely turgid. I couldn’t give a shit about any of the characters and the plot was Zzzzzz.

The Pulp documentary from a few years ago about their final show in Sheffield - it was great. I love Pulp more after it.

The Conversation - I gave up about three quarters of the way into it. My wife lasted about a third of the film. Best movie of the 70s? Gripping? Thriller? Is there a different movie with the same name also starring Gene Hackman because this was absolutely turgid. I couldn’t give a shit about any of the characters and the plot was Zzzzzz.
I think you watched the wrong film. Maybe a TV edit or something?

I don't think Frankie C works for you either. You should check though, I've heard he doesn't price jobs too well.

Also, it would have been funnier if you had called it "The Apocalypse Now". Give that joke a little time, it becomes funny.

Overrated? Yeah I get that, bloated self indulgent etc. Shite? No.

Watched Palm Springs, it's decent fun, good number of laughs, well cast.. Presumably they didn't want to draw attention to how derivative the concept is or get too meta but the fact that neither of the leads mentions Groundhog Day seems weird (as in it's the first thing you'd say to somebody if you found yourself in that situation). It wouldn't fit in a light rom-com but I'd like to see one of these infinite time loop films that shows you a bit of what happens to the characters after they manage to exit the time loop, presumably you'd be massively nonfunctional / sociopathic in the real world after years/decades of living a semi-godlike existence with no consequences to your actions.

Surprising things from the 1995 judge dredd film. Ian Dury is in it. Josie from Twin Peaks is in it. Unsurprising things, its shite.

Max Von Sadow does a good Fargo in it, and The Angel Gang were great but personally I think the Rico/Dredd storyline is weak, even in the comic. Also, Rob Schneider was unnecessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back