What movie did you watch last night? (24 Viewers)

Went to the Mystery Matinee in IFI yesterday; saw And Then We Danced - good film set in Tblisi, about a lad training as a dancer with the National Dance Company and his attraction to a new confident male dancer who comes in and upsets the apple tart.
It opens in March in IFI.

2 Netflix doccos

#cats_the_mewvie (2020) - IMDb

Documentary about people who make a living by putting their cats on social media. I kind of thought this would be fun but it depressed me and made me hate people.

Hail Satan? (2019) - IMDb

Docco about the religious group The Satanic Temple in the US. This was interesting, sincere, funny and insightful in a way that the cats movie wasn’t but would like to be.

2 Netflix doccos

#cats_the_mewvie (2020) - IMDb

Documentary about people who make a living by putting their cats on social media. I kind of thought this would be fun but it depressed me and made me hate people.

Who did it make you hate more? The cat owners or the documentary makers.

Over the last week I've watched:

Marriage Story: Loved it. Wasn't half as grim as I was expecting and I loved Alan Alda's character in it.
Jumanji The Next Level: Awesome, this was the first kids film that I've stayed awake for the entirety of in years. Really enjoyable.
Parasite: Brilliant
Veronica: Spanish horror film on Netflix. Really enjoyed this, quite creepy in parts.

Who did it make you hate more? The cat owners or the documentary makers.

Over the last week I've watched:

Marriage Story: Loved it. Wasn't half as grim as I was expecting and I loved Alan Alda's character in it.
Jumanji The Next Level: Awesome, this was the first kids film that I've stayed awake for the entirety of in years. Really enjoyable.
Parasite: Brilliant
Veronica: Spanish horror film on Netflix. Really enjoyed this, quite creepy in parts.
Both tbh. Also the people who work at buzzfeed and tumblr that they interviewed who enable it..

I've no problem with cats or cat owners in general but the people in this documentary were really stupid, vacuous idiots.

The Lighthouse.

Not sure if I loved it as much as The Witch but it was great. "Yer fond of me lobster aint' ye?"!!

Just back from this. I didn't love it as much as I expected to. Lots of great things about it (visually and sound design in particular) but at the end of the day this is mostly two lads shouting doggerel at each other in a lighthouse, right?

Saw Greed yesterday, thought it was brilliant. Really scathing film about the fashion industry disguised as a mockumentary. There's nothing overall special about the story or anything, but the way the message is put across is great, especially at the end of the film. It's a bit reminiscent of The Laundromat.

Today I saw Little Joe, a kind of sci-fi paranoia about GM plants. It's actually very good, but suffers from the overriding problem that if you've seen The Bodysnatchers with The Suth, then you've already seen this done better – and if you haven't seen The Bodysnatchers, then
306529.jpg

Time To Hunt
This Korean yoke which was really well done

It kinda feels like the Safdies did a Terminator movie, but in a dystopic Korea.

Top notch cast

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Suppose there's fuck all chance of getting it in a cinema over here though right
I dunno.
It has the lad from Parasite in it.

And I’d have to imagine the likes of the IFI or Lighthouse would be bending over backwards to get new Korean product in. This seems very well timed, if even accidentally.

TOO LATE YOU ALREADY SAID IT

Today I saw Downhill – a remake of Swedish(?) film Force Majeur from a few years back, which was one of the best films of the year. Downhill is a bit more playing it for laughs and jusssst different enough to stay interesting, but Force Majeur is the superior film of course. Still good casting choices in Downhill helps it work, and Kristoffer Hivju does a good cameo so he's in both films now. Good laugh, but if you were gonna watch this or Force Majeur, take Force Majeur every day of the week.

Then I saw The Invisible Man. Of course this is total nonsense and all that, but it's done reasonably well creates a decent amount of tension and the invisible effects are pretty cool. It's an okay take on the invisible man idea but not something that's anything like a must see unless you are bored or looking for a bit of nonsense to switch your brain off to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back