What movie did you watch last night? (15 Viewers)

The idea of starting with the explosion and not building up to it was cool, but it meant you didn't know anyone you met along the way after it

Kristen's better in less showy stuff like Personal Shopper

That's what I mean, could have used 30-40 minutes extra for introduction, etc etc.

Kristen is great in everything how dare you oh wait you're right but like look at her

Finally got to see Parasite, AAAAAAAGH. Its ridiculously good, but I knew it would be. The cast are fabulous, shocked/not shocked that the movie got so many oscar noms and wins but not a single actor nominated!!

Anyway, narrative wise, one of those perfect* movies for me where there's no fat and every line of dialogue and moment on screen is crafted.

* i saw perfect hyperbolically, but you know what I mean

Finally got to see Parasite, AAAAAAAGH. Its ridiculously good, but I knew it would be. The cast are fabulous, shocked/not shocked that the movie got so many oscar noms and wins but not a single actor nominated!!

Anyway, narrative wise, one of those perfect* movies for me where there's no fat and every line of dialogue and moment on screen is crafted.

* i saw perfect hyperbolically, but you know what I mean
Yeah it's amazing. Wasn't it the opposite the last time a foreign language movie did really well at the Oscars? Roberto Benigni won the acting gong but Shakespeare in Love took Best Picture. Although hopefully between this and Roma last year this is the way of the future.

Yeah it's amazing. Wasn't it the opposite the last time a foreign language movie did really well at the Oscars? Roberto Benigni won the acting gong but Shakespeare in Love took Best Picture. Although hopefully between this and Roma last year this is the way of the future.

Exactly. And SHAPESPEAR IN LOVE of all things, thats a truly dreadful movie. I was obsessed with it as a teen hah.

Sometimes happens with ensembles, maybe, but surely a nod to kang-ho song!!!!

I ended up going to see Parasite for the 2nd time this weekend; can't remember the last time I went to see a film more than once in the cinema (probably Betty Blue actually, now that I think of it)
Anyway, I think i enjoyed Parasite even more the 2nd time; so many layers to it; it's a great film
Watched The Master at home later on, and didn't really enjoy that as much 2nd time around. Joaquin Phoenix annoyed me with his mumbling, though Phillip Seymour Hoffman was great throughout.

I ended up going to see Parasite for the 2nd time this weekend; can't remember the last time I went to see a film more than once in the cinema (probably Betty Blue actually, now that I think of it)
Anyway, I think i enjoyed Parasite even more the 2nd time; so many layers to it; it's a great film
Watched The Master at home later on, and didn't really enjoy that as much 2nd time around. Joaquin Phoenix annoyed me with his mumbling, though Phillip Seymour Hoffman was great throughout.
I should probably see it again

I saw it last year and I enjoyed it - thought it was well done and beautiful
Like I loved the metaphor of the stair light coming on - really lovely

But the absolute undiluted praise it's getting, is something I'm missing, or something I've missed

great to hear that. i flinched a few weeks ago and downloaded it but going to see it in the cinema thursday or friday

last few days

Parasite in the cinema after seeing it at home first. Glad I went to see it properly.
The Goldfinch - expectations were so low going into this I thought it was alright. Casting was a bit shit though. Not a fan of that kid from stranger things, he was playing Boris the Russian which I wasn't a fan of at all. Definitely should have gone with the mini series for this one.
American Factory - great doc. The Chinese lads' sweeping generalisations of how Americans tick behind closed doors was hilarious.
JoJo Rabbit tonight - really liked it. that last scene..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back