What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

Anyone that likes Jojo Rabbit and hasn't seen Hunt For The Wilderpeople needs to watch it, because it's better than Jojo Rabbit and has Sam Neill in it and all.

I saw Parasite there, fuckin great film, everything about it is fuckin amazing. I love the mental South Korean films.

This weekend:

Horse Girl - Alison Brie in plays a young woman who starts experiencing signs of schizophrenia, but is it all as it seems? It's good for a Netflix original. Brie is great in it.

JoJo Rabbit - See above. Loved it despite expecting to hate it.

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood. A journo discovers things about himself and his deep held trauma while profiling Mr Rogers. Rogers is presented as this mystical almost supernaturally insightful chap, who gets under the skin of the journo. Meh

Spotlight. Decent drama.
Little Women (2020). I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. Took a good hour to get into.
Thanks For Sharing. Rubbish film about addiction with a cast that you'd expect more of. Gweneth Paltrow in her undies though. I know, I know....

I saw Parasite there, fuckin great film, everything about it is fuckin amazing. I love the mental South Korean films.
Also finally caught up with Parasite at the weekend, which was opportune. Agreed terrific film. A little bit reminiscent of Shoplifters but a fair bit more Korean, which I'm sure sounds like a very lazy distinction to make but it's a fair one I think.

I saw sci-fi horror thriller Underwater today.
Quite entertaining and pretty well done horror nonsense really, probably helped by the fact that it has people who can actually act in the roles. It's actually very well done but for me I would have loved it to be 30/40 minutes longer and used the scope to explain backstory more and set up characters a bit better. I can see why it didn't though, it works totally fine the way it is and is kept short and snappy so that it maintains pace and energy, fair enough.
The best comparison I can think of is that this film is very like Pitch Black underwater, and as any sensible person knows, Pitch Black was fuckin class in the cinema. Might go watch Pitch Black again now.
Also le Vincent is in the film and it's good to see him playing a character that isn't some kind of sinister Machiavelli for once, even if he doesn't get much to do.
TJ Miller appears as the Hudson character and does it very well, although obviously not as over the top amazing as Hudson.
Finally, Kristen Stewart is an utter goddess as usual and is definitely dream woman material.

Went to see Parasite last night. I think I'll need a few days to think it over; not really sure what I thought of it. I think I liked it.

Went to see Parasite last night. I think I'll need a few days to think it over; not really sure what I thought of it. I think I liked it.

same. I think I was just expecting something completely different. When that scene with the housekeeper
in the basement, several feet off the ground, trying to push the cabinet out of the way
happened I was all OHYEAHHEREWEGONOWWITHTHECRAZY but... nope.

same. I think I was just expecting something completely different. When that scene with the housekeeper
in the basement, several feet off the ground, trying to push the cabinet out of the way
happened I was all OHYEAHHEREWEGONOWWITHTHECRAZY but... nope.
Yes same thought here; although to be fair, you could not have predicted where it was going to go next.

I saw sci-fi horror thriller Underwater today.
Quite entertaining and pretty well done horror nonsense really, probably helped by the fact that it has people who can actually act in the roles. It's actually very well done but for me I would have loved it to be 30/40 minutes longer and used the scope to explain backstory more and set up characters a bit better. I can see why it didn't though, it works totally fine the way it is and is kept short and snappy so that it maintains pace and energy, fair enough.
The best comparison I can think of is that this film is very like Pitch Black underwater, and as any sensible person knows, Pitch Black was fuckin class in the cinema. Might go watch Pitch Black again now.
Also le Vincent is in the film and it's good to see him playing a character that isn't some kind of sinister Machiavelli for once, even if he doesn't get much to do.
TJ Miller appears as the Hudson character and does it very well, although obviously not as over the top amazing as Hudson.
Finally, Kristen Stewart is an utter goddess as usual and is definitely dream woman material.
Eh? She's been a plank in anything I've ever seen her in. And this just looks like Alien but wetter.
It was a bunch of the Alien movies underwater
The idea of starting with the explosion and not building up to it was cool, but it meant you didn't know anyone you met along the way after it
I wanted to like it more than I did

Kristen's better in less showy stuff like Personal Shopper

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back