What movie did you watch last night? (15 Viewers)

Today I saw By The Grace Of God, which is about pedo priest bastards in France and a group of victims in Lyon that get together with each other and go after one of the fuckers through the courts.
It's a bloody great film, kind of comes across a little bit like a French version of Spotlight, it's a much more subtle personal based film than Spotlight though. The church really can fuck off.
Denis Menochet is in it too and he's a fuckin legend, wouldn't mind seeing him batter some priest

506220_23.jpg

Tonight I saw Black and Blue, an American cop film about this cop that sees some other cops murdering some drug dealers, and then the bad cops go after her because she's got body cam footage of the whole thing.
This is a real good action film where the main themes are about identity (black vs cop), killer cops, and social neglect (Hamsterdam!) – it's set in New Orleans and there's a few speeches that touch on the city being abandoned after Katrina and what used to be good neighbourhoods going to shit.
Anyway it's a dead good watch, really well shot (it's got a couple of YEAH!! moments haha) with great performances from the main cast.
The biggest problem it has is that there's an overall assumption that some cops are good whilst others are bad:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Rocky Horror Picture Show..Camp fun
Arctic on Netflix ..Mads Mikellson on desert island but in snow.Great
No Country For Old Men ..Super .More arty than tense but great

Went to see Terminator dark fate. It's quite good. Not in the same league of the first film or T2, but decent. It's difficult to follow which future has been changed, but leave your brains at the door & go with it. what I didn't like, Im going to sound like a grandad here, but the way modern action sequences are filmed and edited really annoys me. Things happen so fast, there's loads of jump cuts, shit spinning all over the place. It's like trying to watch a film in washing machine.

Went to see Terminator dark fate. It's quite good. Not in the same league of the first film or T2, but decent. It's difficult to follow which future has been changed, but leave your brains at the door & go with it. what I didn't like, Im going to sound like a grandad here, but the way modern action sequences are filmed and edited really annoys me. Things happen so fast, there's loads of jump cuts, shit spinning all over the place. It's like trying to watch a film in washing machine.

Yeah, lots of modern action films have bullshit cuts and editing all over the place, trying to do it really fast and using shaky cam and all that fuckin nonsense. It makes you really appreciate the ones that don't bother with that bullshit and instead just set up great shots where you can actually see what's going on.

Tonight I saw Monos, which is about a bunch of child soldiers in what is presumably somewhere like Colombia. It's basically like a modern take on Lord Of The Flies, and it's really well done for the most part, especially the soundtrack which is fuckin great. Definitely worth a watch, it creates this amazing feeling of isolation for the kids that harsh reality intrudes upon whenever it wants.

Yeah, lots of modern action films have bullshit cuts and editing all over the place, trying to do it really fast and using shaky cam and all that fuckin nonsense. It makes you really appreciate the ones that don't bother with that bullshit and instead just set up great shots where you can actually see what's going on.

Abso bloody exactly. I thought I was just being an auld git.

Abso bloody exactly. I thought I was just being an auld git.

That film Black and Blue I mentioned a few posts above has some great action shots in it. There's one with this police car being rammed in reverse by a 4x4 and driven backwards through a fence into a ditch whilst running one of the policemen over that is fuckin class, haha.

What I thought was really noticeable about Terminator 3 is that the action scenes in the first half of the film don't really do the total bullshit stuff so much and are all great, whereas the action scenes in the second half of the film are shaky cam shit cut spectacular.

The way modern action sequences are filmed and edited really annoys me. Things happen so fast, there's loads of jump cuts, shit spinning all over the place. It's like trying to watch a film in washing machine.

My theory is that it's to stop you noticing the shitty CGI uncanny valley stuff. If you only see someone for a split second your brain doesn't have time to register that they're not really obeying the laws of physics and are moving like one of the guys in a cheap videogame cutscene.

Adam Sandler/Dustin Hoffman/Ben Stiller thing on Netflix. Turns out it's a Woody Allen rip off for people who can't watch a Woody Allen film anymore. Too long. Decent acting from everyone. Forgettable title.

Adam Sandler/Dustin Hoffman/Ben Stiller thing on Netflix. Turns out it's a Woody Allen rip off for people who can't watch a Woody Allen film anymore. Too long. Decent acting from everyone. Forgettable title.

I watched that a few months back. Really enjoyed it. Also can't remember the title. The Meyerowitz stories?

Torture Garden. The old amicus film from 1967. It's a long time since I seen it. Much better than I remembered. No sign of a garden & not a whole lot of torture in it either.

Users who are viewing this thread

• ilovehoovering
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back