What movie did you watch last night? (12 Viewers)

I rewatched the Hunter the other day

51Nv9fho0kL._SY445_.jpg

has all the signs of suits meddling with the script in the final act where everything interesting it was setting up immediately falls apart and a dreadful "happy" ending is tacked on. Lots of beautiful shots of Tasmania though. Could have been really good.

I rewatched the Hunter the other day

51Nv9fho0kL._SY445_.jpg

has all the signs of suits meddling with the script in the final act where everything interesting it was setting up immediately falls apart and a dreadful "happy" ending is tacked on. Lots of beautiful shots of Tasmania though. Could have been really good.
i liked it but tbh i'll watch willem dafoe in anything

I watched The Omen 3 and The Howling. Two decent horror movies with really bad endings.

The Omen 3
The appearance of Jesus at the end, resplendent in white robes with flowing long hair makes me groan every time I see it

The Howling
The transformation into the horrific yet adorable were-puppy at the end, fucks sake

I also watched Pet Sematary (1989). It's still shit.

Obey Giant. A documentary about pop, street artist Shepard Fairey. Pretty good.
This is probably his most well known creation. It ended up in a court case over copyright infringement.

51qlGgAh-LL.jpg

COUNTDOWN.

People can download an app that tells them when they will die, but what happens when it's 2 days away and the app starts killing people?

This is a very entertaining piece of schlock that's reminiscent of Happy Death Day and that kind of thing. It's really a pretty well-made film, despite the fairly ludicrous premise. It's not exactly hilarious, but there's some real nice editing and camera shots that add some levity, there's some supporting characters that are quite funny really (including a priest), and all the actors do a good job with it. Great film to watch if you're bored and want something silly for a laugh.

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. Decent, October-y, halloween-y atmosphere but ti's aimed at a younger audience so not very scary and suffers from the thing that 95% of modern horror films suffer from - bad CGI monsters!

Wounds - another horror on Netflix. Armie Hammer plays a barman who finds a phone in his bar and starts receiving cryptic, disturbing messages on it and he starts going mad, as people are want to do in these films. Based on a short novella that I read and it works better as a short story than a feature film. I didn't really care enough about any of the characters in the film. But at least the CGI was minimal!

Trainspotting 1and 2 ~ I can't remember when I last saw trainspotting probably in the 90's at the time all the hype around it put me off but it really is a great film. The second one doesn't disappoint at all mostly it's bigsbys unpredictable and violent character that adds some tension to the plot but all the others are also well played and it becomes a little self reflective. It's kind of mad to think of the first one as becoming pop culture.

Fright Night ~ A remake of this set in Vegas with Colin Farrell as a 4×4 driving wife beater weareing vampire living next door that flirts with the main characters mother. This diverges allot from the original but in other ways stays true. It's not bad all but still felt it was missing something maybe a little to fast moving and you kinda know the ending.

Interview with a vampire ~ Classic vampire film where the two main vampire characters raise an orphaned vampire girl and form a sort of family unit. Brad Pitt struggles with the metaphysical problems of being a Vampire Tom cruise just wants to get on with it. Good decadent and opulent period setting which takes right up to the then present day.

Terminator Genisys ~ Fine shoot them and blow them up sort of thing of course chase after them to. Arnie is like some outdated VCR or something but he still runs. Skynet as it turns out takes over the world through the internet probably as some sort of music app like Spotify if you just ignore the nonsensical time traveling plot then and it's grand.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
    Vicar Street
    58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
    Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
    Anseo
    18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back