What movie did you watch last night? (16 Viewers)

I saw Ready Or Not yesterday, I found it quite boring for the most part.
The day before I saw this film Good Posture, which is this meta-film comedy drama autography kind of thing, and it was real good.

i've completely forgotten the plot, but i do remember i liked it.
Wonder Woman teaches everyone that negotiating peace is for limp wristed cowards and to stay strong you must mercilessly murder your less than human enemies.

There's a great reading where its all about Israel (Themyscira) justifying nuclear force (Wonder Woman) against Palestine (basically Nazis) with the help of America (Chris Pine) after learning how to be civilised from the Brits (she goes there).

Brawl in Cell Block 99. Took a sick day from work and really enjoyed this highly silly and gory film from under a duvet on the couch. One of my cats decided to sleep on me for the full two hours as well which was great.

I saw Joker today. It was pretty good, pretty well done, and ideologically corrupt. Basically, it's good in a taxi driver kind of way, but without being anywhere near as engaging as taxi driver. Joaquin is fuckin class though, of course.

I saw Joker last night - really enjoyed it but felt like a bad person for enjoying it so much. Because it *does* glorify the lone, disenfranchised gunman, and it does demonise the mentally ill.... but having said that it also illustrates (a very extreme version of) what happens when you cut resources for mental health. And it does use a Gary Glitter song, to great effect - but this does mean that Paul Gadd will get royalties. There are lots of references for movie nerds in there, most notably The King of Comedy, which I started watching again straight after I got back.

Here a couple of days ago I watched new Ang Lee action film Gemini Man.
It's laughably, hilariously, shit. Just one fucking turd of a film. Pure awful from start to finish.

On the other hand, yesterday I watched Bait in the IFI. It's about a Cornwall fishing community trying to deal with the influx of air bnb type cunts. It's totally amazing and the main fisher Martin is my new hero.

Hell comes to frogtown. Poor dystopian film from late 80's. Has the potential to be a dark dystopic scifi film, ends up like a "Carry on" esque slapstick light comedy.

Here a couple of days ago I watched new Ang Lee action film Gemini Man.
It's laughably, hilariously, shit. Just one fucking turd of a film. Pure awful from start to finish.

On the other hand, yesterday I watched Bait in the IFI. It's about a Cornwall fishing community trying to deal with the influx of air bnb type cunts. It's totally amazing and the main fisher Martin is my new hero.
Bait is incredible

Hell comes to frogtown. Poor dystopian film from late 80's. Has the potential to be a dark dystopic scifi film, ends up like a "Carry on" esque slapstick light comedy.

Jesus, I remember my older brothers renting that out years ago from 1 of the local video shops in Tullamore. I remember I was too young to watch it at the time and they thought it was crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

• David Kronenbourg
  • ilovehoovering
  • Cornu Ammonis
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back