What movie did you watch last night? (19 Viewers)

I watched Nico 1988; pretty good I thought. Trine Dyrholme was great in the lead and John Gordon Sinclair is always watchable. I thought the music and band scenes/concerts were done very well. After it, I watched a Nico show from 86/87 and she and her band were pretty kicking.

I watched Nico 1988; pretty good I thought. Trine Dyrholme was great in the lead and John Gordon Sinclair is always watchable. I thought the music and band scenes/concerts were done very well. After it, I watched a Nico show from 86/87 and she and her band were pretty kicking.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

David Brent Life On the Road.. fucking brilliant and sad
Airplane ..still amusing
Naked Gun ..also still amusing
Slumdog Millionaire ..still heartwrenching

Brightburn. What if Superman was evil concept. Alien foundling finds himself succumbing to homicidal urges as he enters adolescence and uses his superpowers to terrorise the townsfolk. Good idea but the execution is a little lazy.

Saw The Current War yesterday. It's surprisingly not bad, doesn't get sensationalist for the most part. Maybe the best thing about it is that Michael Shannon shows he can actually be a good actor when he's not just being thrown psycho roles, he's really good in this. On the other hand, Benedryl Jabberwock just plays himself again.
The film suffers from some pacing issues though, it doesn't really hold the attention throughout. I'd give it a 6/10

I watched 2 films on the horror channel yesterday. I seen both of the before.

They came from beyond space (1967) Fairly typical late 60s, low budget British sci-fi. Some wooden acting, some nice sets, the special effects consist of glowing multi coloured rocks & some echo on their voices. Enjoyable to a point. The ending is stupid.

They Live (1986) A John Carpenter cult classic. It could do with a bit of editing, not perfectly execcuted but it's a cool film. Apparently it's been accused of promoting anti Semitic conspiracy theories.

Jackie Brown.

First time seeing it in years. Its very good, to borrow from the modrin parlance, Pam Grier is a mood. The film essentially orbits her. Pretty shit that she didn't get as many awards for it as Samuel L. You'd kinda hope QT would do another adaptation when this is what is he is capable of.

Machete II: Machete Kills or whatever it was called.

This is as wonderfully stupid as I hoped.

I rewatched this last night, and have the rest of the ox set on loan from a mate.

Great costume design and enjoyable plot. It could have done with a little editing but it is atmospheric and creepy and is just a cool movie.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Tombs_of_the_Blind_Dead.jpg

Take Shelter. Michael Shannon is amazing in this. There's a scene where he has a psychotic episode at at community gathering and the extras - real towns people - weren't told what was going to happen and you can see the genuine looks of shock and fright on their faces when he starts ranting and raving about a how there's a storm comin'. Amazing stuff

Do The Right Thing ..4k print in the lighthouse. Deadly
The Pianist..never saw this before. Fucking incredible
Kinky Boots ..Shite

ANd half of Old Man With A Gun..good. Will watch the rest

oOH i ALMOST FORGOT..WE ALSO WATCHED tHE wIND tHAT sHAKES tHE bARLEY which amazingly I'd never seen. 2 word review

BRITS OUT

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
    Anseo
    18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back