What movie did you watch last night? (17 Viewers)

Raging Bull..10/10
Childs Play 1988 .. 0/10
Pet Sematary 2019 ..6/10
Suspiria 2018 .. 10/10

I was gonna bring my kid to see Midsommar in Enniskillen but its 18s up there and I'm not sure they'd be as lax as down here ..so probably head up and catch it in Dublin Thursday night

No one posted about Midsommer yet? I. LOVED. IT. SO. MUCH. A rare thing for a 2.5 hour film (in my opnion, generally, too fucking long. How dare films be more than 2 hours to be honest), I wanted to watch it again right after finishing. Florence Pugh is perfect.
I went last night and got the times badly wrong. Even when I was buying tickets the guy on the desk never mentioned that there only 40 minutes left and I only copped when the credits came up. Probably not the ideal experience but i enjoyed it anyway. Was it a comedy or is that just an effect of missing everything?

If I had a kid I wouldn't bring him/her

I went last night and got the times badly wrong. Even when I was buying tickets the guy on the desk never mentioned that there only 40 minutes left and I only copped when the credits came up. Probably not the ideal experience but i enjoyed it anyway. Was it a comedy or is that just an effect of missing everything?

If I had a kid I wouldn't bring him/her
Well, there were funny moments. I wouldn’t exactly call it a comedy but I could see how you might think that seeing the last 40 min out of context.

Midsommar .... 10/10

The greatest movie since mother!

Would've been sick if I had watched it on the small screen.

Lost Boys. 10/10. Remember when the Ma looked mad old, but now she was only 41 when that film came out and you are the one that sucks balls/is old.

People who’ve seen Midsommar -
what do you think happened to Danny after? Was she killed or did she become part of the cult?

I would think 'part of the cult'. She was smiling. She had found her family. Or maybe just out of her mind on drugs.

I enjoyed the film a lot but I thought it would surprise me more. It played out pretty much the way I expected (in broad strokes at least, if not in the details). Though I saw the old people jumping off the cliff bit coming a mile off. I think I wanted Ari Aster to subvert the folk-horror genre a bit more than he did. Hereditary was a lot more unnerving.

Non-spoiler summary of above. Midsommar was good but not as good as I had hoped it would be.

Oh we went to see Yesterday , was grand for half price Wednesday.

It was no Love Actually or Slumdog though.

Raging Bull..10/10
Childs Play 1988 .. 0/10
Pet Sematary 2019 ..6/10
Suspiria 2018 .. 10/10

I was gonna bring my kid to see Midsommar in Enniskillen but its 18s up there and I'm not sure they'd be as lax as down here ..so probably head up and catch it in Dublin Thursday night
0/10 for Child's Play? I haven't watched since back in the day but is it really that bad?

Raging Bull..10/10
Childs Play 1988 .. 0/10
Pet Sematary 2019 ..6/10
Suspiria 2018 .. 10/10

Wasn’t mad about the new Pet Semetary. I thought the less slick looking old version worked better. It didn’t really benefit from a rework. They should have left it dead and buried. SEE WHAT I DID THERE

I watched the godfathers of hardcore, a documentary about agnostic front. I knew the name but never heard the music. Was quite good. It got more interesting as it went on. It focused on the lives the two main members, not a whole lot on the music.

Nightmare Cinema - gory, spirited anthology horror, with Mickey Rourke as a demonic projectionist who introduces the stories Crypt Keeper style.

Prince of Darkness - JOne of John Carpenter's most underrated films. Mixes supernatural horror and sci fi to great effect and features some amazing practical effects, a classic Carpenter score and some genuinely disturbing imagery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back