What movie did you watch last night? (19 Viewers)

I watched an Indonesian horror film called Danur on Netflix last night. It starts off really bad but gets fairly enjoyable towards the end. Plus it's really short (1hr 15m) which is also good.

Tarantinos Death Proof.

Excellent! Amazing that I've never got round to watching it before

Now I just need to see Kill Bill 2 and I'm all caught up with his entire oeuvre

I think it's a long time since he made a really good film, but am still massively excited for this new one.

I love the first 90% of The hateful eight and Django unchained, and Inglorious basterds but think they all drop in quality hugely towards the end. Sure maybe he thinks slapstick is great. I think its shite. I rewatch the hateful 8 about as often as my nephew carries a blanket around.

I thought Django was rubbish, Basterds very overrated (one or two brilliant scenes and that's it), and never bothered with Hateful Eight (maybe I should give it a go). Am excited about this new one though. Hopefully he still has a great film in him.

I re-watched Pulp Fiction a few months ago and it really hadn’t stood the test of time for me. I remember loving it as a teenager but it was a chore this time. Reservoir Dogs gets better every time I watch it.

It and The Hateful Eight are the two of his that I haven’t seen.

Jackie Brown is really great, I was going to say, like @Bernie Lomax, that it's his best but I thought it'd be too much of a hot take.

Jackie Brown Trivia, although made by different directors and I think made by different studio Jack Brown and Out Of Sight (and the TV show Justified), with Clooney and Jennifer Lopez, are set in the same universe as each other. Michael Keaton plays the same character in both. Both were originally Elmore Leonard novels. Out of sight had a short lived TV spin off featuring the J Lo character played by a different actress. This actress/character appeared in Justified.

I thought Django was rubbish, Basterds very overrated (one or two brilliant scenes and that's it), and never bothered with Hateful Eight (maybe I should give it a go). Am excited about this new one though. Hopefully he still has a great film in him.
Felt the same about Django and Basterds and likewise never got around to Hateful Eight as a result.

Call me a norm but I still think Pulp Fiction is the best. If you could wipe away all the rip-offs, pisstakes, posters in student gaffs, fancy dress costumes from your memory and see it again with fresh eyes...?

Call me a norm but I still think Pulp Fiction is the best. If you could wipe away all the rip-offs, pisstakes, posters in student gaffs, fancy dress costumes from your memory and see it again with fresh eyes...?

I re-watched it last year. I think I probably enjoyed it more than I ever have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back