What movie did you watch last night? (11 Viewers)

Apocolypse Now Redux last night. First time seeing the redux since it was released around 2000. Enjoyed it but it is too long

Wolf Creek ..horrible film,absolutely awful.Loved it.Daughter loved it too.
Instant Family..cheesey as fuck but I enjoyed it
Goodfellas...still holds up.Daughter loved it

Vox Lux. The new Brady Corbet movie about a pop star with score by Scott Walker and songs by Sia. Stars Natalie Portman and Jude Law. I gather this is a divisive film and can understand why some really dislike but I thought it was great, Really original and engrossing. Portman is brilliant in it. It's pretty bleak but a welcome antidote to A Star Is Born,
Saw this over the weekend. Didn't really like it. Natalie Portman was ok - although her accent was rubbish - but it was really disjointed and most of the dialogue was awful. I felt like it was trying to say something profound and visionary but fucked if I knew what that was. And the music was bad. Reckon Brady Corbet should direct a horror movie next and forget this mystical mumbo jumbo. Think he'd be good at doing a smart A24 style psychological horror flick.

Saw this over the weekend. Didn't really like it. Natalie Portman was ok - although her accent was rubbish - but it was really disjointed and most of the dialogue was awful. I felt like it was trying to say something profound and visionary but fucked if I knew what that was. And the music was bad. Reckon Brady Corbet should direct a horror movie next and forget this mystical mumbo jumbo. Think he'd be good at doing a smart A24 style psychological horror flick.

Can't really disagree with much of that but I'd say that the music was bad because it was a film that was, in part at least, about 'bad music'. I saw a bunch of movies at DIFF and while they were all good, this was the only one that seemed to be reaching for something beyond making a good, competent film. It was kind of annoying in parts but also had lots of memorable moments (for me at least). As for what it was trying to say, I'm not sure either, but it seemed to be something about the relationships between violence, spectacle, fame and trauma. It also seemed to me to be a film that, unlike all the others I saw, could only be made right now which I think is in its favour as well.

Lords of Chaos. Generally not a fan of biopics but still end up watching them. I suppose it was slightly better than some as the subject hasn't been constantly told and retold a million times meaning any continuity errors are not as obvious. Overall not grim enough and too hollywood for me. I'm sure plenty of people will love it.

Went to see hole in the ground yesterday. Was alright. Think I would have liked it more if 3 girls in the cinema shut the fuck up.

In the last couple of years, the 3 horror movies I've seen in the cinema (It, hereditary and Hole) have been ruined by teenage wankers mouthing off. Is this common at such movies generally? Films that don't attract teenagers with nothing better to do seem grand

Went to see hole in the ground yesterday. Was alright. Think I would have liked it more if 3 girls in the cinema shut the fuck up.

In the last couple of years, the 3 horror movies I've seen in the cinema (It, hereditary and Hole) have been ruined by teenage wankers mouthing off. Is this common at such movies generally? Films that don't attract teenagers with nothing better to do seem grand

Depends where you go to the cinema I think. Avoid the multiplexes and stick the Lighthouse/IFI (if you can) and you're grand usually. Yes, I'm a snob.

Though I had a similar experience in the Light House last week but it's by far the exception.

Depends where you go to the cinema I think. Avoid the multiplexes and stick the Lighthouse/IFI (if you can) and you're grand usually. Yes, I'm a snob.

Though I had a similar experience in the Light House last week but it's by far the exception.
yeah, I go to The Gate in the middle of Cork. Wide open to messers.

Say The Warriors in the lighthouse last night. They ran trailers for similar films of the era beforehand to set the move.

Unsurprisingly it ruled,

Unsurprisingly time has also rendered it highly problematic.
Yeah, I saw it recently and it really hasn’t aged particularly well in terms of political correctness. Still a fun action movie though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back