What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

I finished the Hendrix doco. I warmed to him to the point of almost liking his music. But he is unbelievably cool. I really like his singing. It's hard to imagine what it must have been like to witness it all. From this point he seems more like a fictional character.

On the hunt for more music on Netflix (slim pickings) I tried to watch Taylor Swift's big stadium concert. I didn't like it. I couldn't tell if she was singing or not. Turned it off after 20 mins. I don't like her fringe. Some of the music was good. Some very involved arrangements, pop prog.

Is the Muscle Shoals documentary still up there? It's really good.

Vice, the one where Christian Bale plays Dick Cheney.. I thought this was very middling - good mimicry and make-up but it felt like most of these 'true life' biopic movies end up doing, dialogue that doesn't feel authentic because it's mostly about potted plot/character progression. I think they were going for satire / farcical comedy but it isn't consistently funny enough to pull that off, the attempts at clever-clever 4th wall breaking humor just irked me.

Vice, the one where Christian Bale plays Dick Cheney.. I thought this was very middling - good mimicry and make-up but it felt like most of these 'true life' biopic movies end up doing, dialogue that doesn't feel authentic because it's mostly about potted plot/character progression. I think they were going for satire / farcical comedy but it isn't consistently funny enough to pull that off, the attempts at clever-clever 4th wall breaking humor just irked me.

i thought it was great.

The Fyre festival documentary. Fucking hell!

Yeah watched it last night. So many total fucking douches.
Walking around taking selfies and complaining. The punters were almost as bad as the absolute girls running the show (into the ground).

That was the Netflix one^.

Going to hunt down the other (better?) one tonight/tomorrow

Yeah watched it last night. So many total fucking douches.
Walking around taking selfies and complaining. The punters were almost as bad as the absolute girls running the show (into the ground).

That was the Netflix one^.

Going to hunt down the other (better?) one tonight/tomorrow
I didn’t know there was another one, I watched the one on Netflix. It was really enjoyable, pure schadenfraude.

Watched that Fyre festival documentary too.
Can't believe people trusted an organiser who has trouble pronouncing "crayon", and a rapper who's biggest hit is him boasting about his timekeeping skills

The 34th. A doco about the fight for marriage equality in Ireland. A good look at the behind-the-scenes of the fight. It is very one sided and portrays the NO sides as one dimensional monsters. Which in some ways is satisfying but in others a small bit mean.
It's nice to see this on Netflix. I hope it is international as Ireland comes across well. Full of smart intelligent people.

Gorky Park

I haven't seen it in years. Still a really good movie but a little creakier than I'd remembered. The scenes with Alexi Sayle and Michael Elphick could have come straight from The Sweeney.
The forensic detective work was probably innovative at the time but now seems really dated. It's also fascinating to recall just how fucked up life behind the iron curtain was not so long ago.
Still very enjoyable though. It's on Netflix.

INCAPACITANTS documentary movie (its only around 40 mins), which is on Youtube. It was good, awkward, kinda bootleg and low key, much like the band themselvezs. Was cool watching this, though, I got to see Mikawa play in Tokyo last year, and it brought back happy memories.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back