What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

Roma also. It was great. Would recommend trying to catch it in the cinema though.

Aquaman this was deadly ! There is a little Sigur Ros in the soundtrack and Nicole Kidman looks to be about 12 years old in it. Of course it's kind of just a muscle guy running around getting into scraps and stuff with some over the top special effects but it's epic enough and must be a unique story line.

I didn't think it was that good

I've watched Creed II, Venom and this in the past few weeks and put this 3rd out of the the three.

Its not awful, just in the realm of emotional shouting muscle i thought the other two were better.

The House that Jack Built. Pretty shit. Pretentious, boring and not half as gory as I’d been led to believe. Lars Von Trier is basically just trolling people at this stage. Check out the Clovehitch Killer instead if you want a good serial killer movie

Bad Times at the El Royale. As far as Tarantino rip offs go this is one of the better ones. Good script, great soundtrack.

White Boy Rick. True story about the youngest FBI informant on record. Hollywood loves to make these pointless true crime biopics about really uninteresting subjects. American Hustle is the worst offender. This one is somewhere in the middle. Didn't hate it but just felt a bit "so what?" afterwards.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. Took my nieces and nephews to see this. They loved it and I thought it was brilliant. Smart, funny, well written. Looks amazing too. Mix of 3D and hand drawn animation. Up there with the best films I've seen all year.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. Took my nieces and nephews to see this. They loved it and I thought it was brilliant. Smart, funny, well written. Looks amazing too. Mix of 3D and hand drawn animation. Up there with the best films I've seen all year.

I intend to take my nephew to this

The Devil Wears Prada - enjoyed but not a great ending.

Dunston Checks In - I found this oddly entertaining and in no way deserving of the 6% fresh rating it holds on Rotten Tomatoes.

Guys & Dolls - this was great although a bit long.

Dumplin' - Netflix film with Jennifer Aniston and a Dolly Parton soundtrack. If you've seen any of these made for Netflix films then you know what to expect. It'll either be terrible or inoffensive/mildly enjoyable if you can switch off your brain and don't think too hard about it. This fell into the latter category.

Gremlins - this was great as I hadn't seen it in about twenty years.

The Foreigner - an IRA splinter group blows up restaurateur Jackie Chan's daughter so Jackie Chan goes to war with Pierce Brosnan playing Gerry Adams by another name to find out who the bombers were. Highly entertaining. If you enjoy the Liam Neeson action films then you'll enjoy this.

Bird Box - a fun enough watch but DREADFUL if you think about it for more than 5 seconds. The most "indie guitarist wrote a novel" film going.

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains - It's still good but one of those films that was better when it wasn't easily available (not that I had a copy back then). All over the shop really.

Last edited:
Free Solo - very good documentary about a virtuoso rock climber who was the first person to free climb (i.e. without using any ropes or safety gear) a notorious 3000 ft sheer granite mountain face in Yosemite national park in 2017. The footage they got is incredible and gave me more sweating and palpitations than any thriller or horror movie I've seen in the last few years.. I don't know if they were quite as successful in the character study / backstory sections of the film but they do manage to establish enough of a connection with the guy that it adds to the visceral terror of the climbing footage.

We got one of our sons a "100 movies scratch off poster". He had fun scratching off all the ones he'd seen so now we're going to make our way through the rest "except titanic". It's a predictable list. We started with Gladiator. Which is ok, but also total shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back