What movie did you watch last night? (5 Viewers)

Frankenhooker. I had it on the DVR for a few weeks. I knew of it but hadn't seen it. Released in 1990 but very much in the 80s American Horror comedy film style. Absolutely ridiculous but good fun. Kitsch as fuck, terrible acting, everything you would expect from a film called frankenhooker. It's on the horror channel again tonight at 11pm.

Last edited:
Frankenhooker. I had it on the DVR for a few weeks. I knew of it but hadn't seen it. Released in 1990 but very much in the 80s American Horror comedy film style. Absolutely ridiculous but good fun. Kitsch as fuck, terrible acting, everything you would expect from a film called frankenhooker. It's on the horror channel again tonight at 11pm.
I really enjoyed this. It's much better than it has any right to be :D

The Conjuring again. I want this to be so much better than it is. I had to keep reminding myself that it's set in the 70s as the costume design is so poor. Only the female ghost hunter looks somewhat Brady bunch-esque. The Catholic/Christian aspect could have been much more interesting in the way The Exorcist and The Omen make good use of it. And haunted dolls should look like ordinary dolls that happen to be haunted, not off the shelf "evil" looking things

Watched "They'll Love Me When I'm Dead", on Netflix, a documentary about Orson Welles never finished final film, "The Other Side Of The Wind". Loads of outtakes and interviews with the man himself, I could have watched another 4 hours or it had it been that long. Not for everyone, but if you're into that kind of thing I recommend it.

Edit: Ooh look, someone's done a cool poster for it. Very good.

DrTujIKU0AAn6RA.jpg:large

watched this this morning. pretty enjoyable, will probably watch it again in a few weeks.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back