What movie did you watch last night? (7 Viewers)

C'est La Vie at the IFI. Very enjoyable French farce about a wedding organiser.

There was however a guy sitting to my right who also found it very funny and was determined to let everyone else there know how funny he was finding it, guffawing loudly at parts that were really just amusing in order to demonstrate his advanced appreciation of the subtleties of French cinematic humour. Am I the only one who is driven up the wall by this?

C'est La Vie at the IFI. Very enjoyable French farce about a wedding organiser.

There was however a guy sitting to my right who also found it very funny and was determined to let everyone else there know how funny he was finding it, guffawing loudly at parts that were really just amusing in order to demonstrate his advanced appreciation of the subtleties of French cinematic humour. Am I the only one who is driven up the wall by this?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Nun ... good craic friday night jump scare flick . Some wasted potential though..coulda ramped up the psychological religion horror a bit more
On Chesil Beach ..more wasted potential but still good. I loved the book

Frenzy, late period Hitchcock. Some of the sex stuff is super weird and gross, but a good thriller.

Another Hitchcock film I'd never seen before last night. Rear Window, absolutely fantastic; slow burner build of tension up until the culmination in the second to last scene till it almost became unbearable.

Really want watch more of his stuff; I think I've only seen these two, plus Vertigo and Psycho. Any recommendations? I suppose North by Northwest or The Birds?

Another Hitchcock film I'd never seen before last night. Rear Window, absolutely fantastic; slow burner build of tension up until the culmination in the second to last scene till it almost became unbearable.

Really want watch more of his stuff; I think I've only seen these two, plus Vertigo and Psycho. Any recommendations? I suppose North by Northwest or The Birds?
The Birds
Spellbound
Rope
Strangers on a Train
Dial M For Murder
To Catch a Thief
Marine
Frenzy

Rewatched Get Carter for the umpteenth time and only just noticed this guy with six fingers, well, five fingers and a thumb
42098386_10155708933656629_8674165094017400832_n.jpg

I skipped Noah because it's a biblical epic with Russel Crowe. Should I get over my shit and watch it?
There's nowt wrong with a biblical epic and Russell Crowe is a solid actor. But even if you don't like biblical epics I'd say yes. It's more fantasy/sci fi than sword and sandals, has a unique visual style, stunning cinematography, beautiful, otherworldly locations and fantastic CGI. It is to biblical epics what mother! is to psychological horror movies

There's nowt wrong with a biblical epic and Russell Crowe is a solid actor. But even if you don't like biblical epics I'd say yes. It's more fantasy/sci fi than sword and sandals, has a unique visual style, stunning cinematography, beautiful, otherworldly locations and fantastic CGI. It is to biblical epics what mother! is to psychological horror movies
SOLD

Black 47, which looked amazing. Connamara looked epic and very western, it seemed huge and vast when it's only wee and not the size of Montana at all.

Shame the rest of the movie was so bad with shitty characterisation for the wooden lead.

Wasted opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back