What movie did you watch last night? (12 Viewers)

Out Of Africa -- fantastic
Amores Perros -- Super Fantastic
The Ides Of March -- Alright
Florence Foster Jenkins -- Decent
Mollys Game -- Shite
First Reformer -- Fantastic
The Diving Bell and the butterfly -- Fantastic but very sad indeed
The Good Lie -- Enjoyable africans

The Searchers
searchers_19.jpg

I don't think I'd ever actually seen the whole film right the way through. Always been more of a Clint man than John Wayne. But what a movie!

I Feel Pretty - great fun. Schumer's towering optimism is really infectious.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Tropic Thunder (for the second time) - I laughed out loud several times, mostly at Jack Black. I can't watch the last minute of this without cracking up...

What Happened, Miss Simone?

I never knew how mental Nina Simone was. I read her wiki after watching this . Mento Bobento
A friend of mine saw her a couple of times in Spain, before her final comeback. He said it was messy. Will put this one on the shortlist

Last night I watched Ghost Stories.
British horror anthology. I’d heard good things, supposedly it was a throwback to the classic 70s British horror, Amicus, Hammer Horror and the likes of that but it was a bit weak. Nothing substantial, all the stories just petered out or ended on a jump scare and the “twist” ending was shit.

Watched Happy End there over the weekend. Deals with some dark stuff but with an almost light touch. Still very Haneke. Almost too Haneke in places. Recommended nonetheless.

Watched The Fountain the other night - first time i saw it I thought it was a right 'ol pile o shite, but this time I found it excellent. Both Jackman and the lovely Rachel Weisz are excellent in it, and it has a terrific soundtrack from Clint Mansell.
I also watched Mamma Mia but will draw a veil over that.

Tropic Thunder (for the second time) - I laughed out loud several times, mostly at Jack Black. I can't watch the last minute of this without cracking up...

[/QUOTE]
Saw this for the first time the other night - very funny; Tom Cruise is fantastic in it!

Annihilation, quite like Arrival except with biology instead of linguistics and a bit trippier. Geoff Barrow and Ben Salisbury nail the soundtrack.
I think the soundtrack was my favourite thing about it. The movie itself felt a little bit "slight" or something. Maybe I was expecting more from such a big production with famous actors. had it been a low budget film featuring nobodies it might have had more of an impact on me. Also, the special effects reminded me of The Lawnmower man. In 2018 that's not a good thing. I did like the screaming rotted skull bear thing though.

Went to see The Eyes of Orson Welles at IFI, followed by Q+A with Mark Cousins, who directed it. Very enjoyable and and interesting take on Welles' life and career - explored through his paintings and drawings, which I never knew about.
Cousins is very engaging and thoroughly entertaining; I could have listened to him all night.

A Quiet Place has got to be be most over rated movie of the year . Wasn't remotely scared, very predictable and unoriginal. Couldn't see what all the fuss was about.

Hellraiser - Judgement : The Stygian inquisition and assessor scenes were quite original but the film itself was a bit of Se7en rip off. However, I have seen a lot worse and this wasn't a bad addition to the Hellraiser canon.

I hadn't seen it in years. A great movie, very much of its time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back