What movie did you watch last night? (16 Viewers)

Saw MI: Fallout on Saturday. Good fun.

Light Sleeper, early 90's Paul Schrader. Susan Saranden and Willem Defoe as coke dealers facing up the prospect of getting out of the biz for different reasons. Tremendous, Vincent Garbour in an incredible Eurotrash role. Small parts for a very young Sam Rockwell and David Spade is in it for a scene credited as "Theological cokehead"

The Incredibles 2 - I have no recollection of the first one even though I'm sure I saw it. I thought this one was really dull and didn't really enjoy any part of it. I suppose they were a few decent jokes with the baby. That's it.

watched a bunch of films directed by bill forsyth recently. local hero, comfort and joy, housekeeping, gregory's girl, that sinking feeling. got bored watching the last two. the others were excellent though.

in a similar vein - at least from the perspective of time and place - watched some other 80's british films. babylon (1980) is set in brixton and centres around a group of dreads. excellent stuff, featuring every old school jungle sample you ever heard. decent enough plot, great music (jah shaka appears) all through, and a great view into life in the early 80's. also watched scum (1979), featuring a young ray winstone, giving an incredible perfomance. great film. dark though.

Users who are viewing this thread

• David Kronenbourg
  • Jerry Twig
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back