What movie did you watch last night? (11 Viewers)

If it's still in the cinema when the world cup is over I'll try to catch it.

I think I saw someone involved in it get super defensive in twitter about a middling review.
Saw it there last night

Good, very good in fact. Not perfect, tries a bit too hard to here and there and I thought bits of it dragged but the main brothers story is really effective and its good some good laughs all the way through. Worth seeing at least, if not the life changing POETRY it thinks it is.

It would have been way better without the terrible poetry. Overall it was just okay. Not funny enough to get by on being funny. Three different plots - none of which went anywhere. The novelty of "oh look! That's Fade St!" wears off pretty quickly and people taking drugs are not all that interesting. The brother was excellent though - best thing in the film. I dunno - maybe I would have liked it more if I'd gone to more raves and gotten more "madoutofittt" back in the day.

It would have been way better without the terrible poetry. Overall it was just okay. Not funny enough to get by on being funny. Three different plots - none of which went anywhere. The novelty of "oh look! That's Fade St!" wears off pretty quickly and people taking drugs are not all that interesting. The brother was excellent though - best thing in the film. I dunno - maybe I would have liked it more if I'd gone to more raves and gotten more "madoutofittt" back in the day.
Yeah, I figure its not my place to criticize them getting madouttofit just because I rarely hung around "sesh gaffs" myself, it's not like they didn't exist though.

I saw the Breadwinner and it was amazing and brilliant and sad and funny,

That's 3 for 3, Cartoon Saloon are the best thing in Ireland (and Luxembourg and Canada) right now.

Watched Wild At Heart last year for the first time since college. The best opening sequence ever
It was better than I remembered overall. I would have always thought of it as one of his worst films but I really enjoyed it this time.

Lost Highway is a masterpiece though, I could watch it everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back