What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

Hereditary. I really, really liked it. Emphasis on character building, creepiness and atmosphere over jump scares. Reminded me of It Follows or an atmospheric 60s/70s horror film like Don’t Look Now., Rosemary's Baby, Carrie etc.. It was simultaneously more straightforward and more bonkers than I thought it would be and it kept me guessing the whole way through. Only criticism is that it sags a little in the middle and is maybe 15 minutes too long, otherwise an expertly crafted and genuinely unnerving horror film. 4/5

Hereditary. I really, really liked it. Emphasis on character building, creepiness and atmosphere over jump scares. Reminded me of It Follows or an atmospheric 60s/70s horror film like Don’t Look Now., Rosemary's Baby, Carrie etc.. It was simultaneously more straightforward and more bonkers than I thought it would be and it kept me guessing the whole way through. Only criticism is that it sags a little in the middle and is maybe 15 minutes too long, otherwise an expertly crafted and genuinely unnerving horror film. 4/5

Agreed. I just saw it today; I was a mild thumbs up on the way out (I liked it just fine, didn't feel that I loved it, I still don't think it's completely bonkers at the end mind) but the more I think about it, the cleverer it feels.

Colin Stetson On The Terrifying Score For 'Hereditary' And Making Music That Sounds Evil

Thumbs up for Hereditary from me too. Not as terrifying as the hype would lead you to believe but spooky, tense and fairly compelling all the way through. The end was great.

The Killing Fields ..Awesomely distressing
The Chaser ..Badly misfiring Korean thriller.Turned off halfway through

Hereditary. I loved it. Thought it was genuinely scary, unlike Mark Kermode. Although I did share some of his reservations about how many genre tropes creep into it as the action progresses. Still great though. Terrific soundtrack too.

Agreed. I just saw it today; I was a mild thumbs up on the way out (I liked it just fine, didn't feel that I loved it, I still don't think it's completely bonkers at the end mind) but the more I think about it, the cleverer it feels.
went to see it yesterday. yeah, thought it was good. kept my expectations in check with all the glowing ratings it has received. but didn't blow me away by any means. I did love the ending but I thought it sagged in the middle a good bit. anyone else think the son was an absolutely brutal actor? (Once again, three little shits in the cinema acting the bollicks definitely impacted on the viewing. Once they heard the clicking noise Charlie makes they had a fucking field day. Pricks. Not to mention the idiotic loud conversations they were having. But posting on a music forum is gonna show them).

Eraserhead and The Elephant Man.

I'm reading the new David Lynch biography/memoir so trying to revisit some of the films I haven't seen in ages (or ever in the case of The Elephant Man, despite having the Blu Ray for 9 years) before reading those chapters. I've no copy of Dune but I don't really have an interest in watching that given how much Lynch hates it and how much I love the book so I don't want to see it ruined.

Eraserhead and The Elephant Man.

I'm reading the new David Lynch biography/memoir so trying to revisit some of the films I haven't seen in ages (or ever in the case of The Elephant Man, despite having the Blu Ray for 9 years) before reading those chapters. I've no copy of Dune but I don't really have an interest in watching that given how much Lynch hates it and how much I love the book so I don't want to see it ruined.
Blue Velvet done. Hit the chapter for The Elephant Man last night, everything is going to plan. Though will have to see if I can pick up Wild at Heart somewhere over the next few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back