What movie did you watch last night? (12 Viewers)

I did the three films in one day when I was unemployed. Never again.
I did the first two in one day one time. Couldn't do the Hovis ad that is the third on top to round it off. Needless to say we were very hungover.

The night before last, Manchester By the SeaI. Casey Affleck is good and all but Michelle Williams in her limited screen time steals the show (and my heart - to the horn thread).

Liked the soundtrack too.

X Men Apocalypse - crap and boring. 2/5

Assassin's Creed - a steaming turd. turned it off after 30 min. 0.8/5

Memories of Murder - brilliant crime drama from South Korea. Same director as The Host and Snowpiercer. Reminiscent of Zodiac but shot through with the director's trademark weirdness. 4/5

mahindra-renault-logan.jpg

I quite enjoyed it, though I found it a bit thin at times. Don't want to spoiler it - something about the camera style felt like I wasn't watching it sometimes if that makes any sense?

I Pfeiffered days of future past. but maybe watching all the wolverine themed movies in sequence might put it context better.

Why Him? Teenage girl botherer James Franco plays a thick, rich, sleazy asshole in this laugh free comedy. So not much different from real life then. 2/5

I thought Megan Mullaly or whatever she's called was quite funny in this. But yeah, otherwise dire.

Lisa Marie Presley's kid is getting a lot of work recently but she seems like an own brand Anna Kendrick.

Olive Tree
I enjoyed it. Warm, likeable characters, story with a lot of heart. It's scripted by regular Ken Loach collaborator Paul Laverty. It's getting average reviews. If they ramped up the misery they'd probably have gotten more 4 stars but it'd be an inferior movie for me.

Saw Get Out, and Life over the last week.. Get Out managed to make a clever twist on an old horror movie idea by using it to explore modern-day race relations in the US, whereas Life just felt like a fairly standard repackaging of bits from several older creature feature thriller movies- Alien, The Thing etc. (the one thing I did really like being the amusingly dark irony in the choice of closing song),

Patriots Day - story of the Boston marathon bombing and subsequent manhunt for the bombers. Gripping, edge of seat stuff. Doesn't descend into mawkish sentimentality as these films tend to do.

Live by Night - Ben Aflecks prohibition era gangster film. Dreadful. A third rate Miller's Crossing. Sienna Miller does one of the worst Irish accents I've ever heard. Surprising because Brit actors tend to do ok ones usually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back