What movie did you watch last night? (15 Viewers)

Hmm a review of 'what Richard Did' was promised but one is feeling rather lazy/over worked!

lets just say excellent film.

The leading chap Jack Reynor was outstanding (he seems to be in rakes of new films including young mizz Sheridan's Doll house)
The acting was naturalistic/improvised - I found the flat Dublin 4 accents complete with OMGs, yea fuck mans and hey 'goys' absolutely spot on.
Didn't go to a private school but worked in one for a few years and every 'type' depicted in this film absolutely exists IRL.
The situations and the build up to tragedy were all too believable and convincing.
What I really liked was how a certain tension was built up towards an obvious satisfying, 'cinematic' ending and then...

Kp

Sinister ...Fucking Laughable.Bad.

The Dark Knight Rises ...Had'nt a fucking clue what was going on.Absolute rubbish.Terrible story..looked great though.
Seriously though..I heard the movie guy on newstalk say it was one of the best movies ever?He's a dick.
And 8.8 on IMDB?That things not worth a wank either obviously.

So many holes in the story you could strain your spaghetti through it.Hollywood needs to cop itself the fuck on quick..before people get wise to the fact that these movies are cat.Catman.

Style-Council-Jerusalem-322891.jpg

Great fun.

I'll never watch another Batman film.

I watched Rocky I & II last night..DEADLY...

Proper movies...with a story I can believe in.

Where The Buffalo Roam again last night. Animal House and Blazing Saddles over the weekend.

religulous-poster.jpg

I liked it. Maher certainly comes across as less of a cock then Richard Dawkins, but there were still had the comedy sound effects and snide remarks. It does make me dread having a conversation about it with certain, somewhat religious members of my extended family. Been thinking about it recently as on Sunday we had a naming day for our second boy, but we combined it with a celebration of his wee cousins christening. It will be mightily tricky to have a worthwhile discussion about it without stating that I think the entire concept of organised religion is complete and utter nonsense. How can you say that to someone you care about, and not offend them? But Maher states at the end of the film that it's the responsibility of those who don't believe in religion to stand upt to religious types, not be timid about it.

How can you say that to someone you care about, and not offend them? But Maher states at the end of the film that it's the responsibility of those who don't believe in religion to stand upt to religious types, not be timid about it.

Easy, just don't don't be a dick about it, ie: don't insult them about their beliefs. Also the naming day and christening combo is a bit "cake and eat it".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back