What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

De Palma's Body Double. Pretty shit. Ludicrous plot and awful characters. Sleazy and creepy. Patrick Bateman's favourite film in American Psycho.

Narrow Margin. Well made suspense thriller.

My local cinema had Renoir on - The Grand Illusion

Lovely film. Enjoyed every minute of it.

grand-illusion-03.jpg

I could have used more Von Stroheim, but what the hell do I know?

I found this very sad.

10273_img_20100407125142.jpg

I wanted to bang my head against the seat. I wish someone was with me so they could have said, "Wanna leave?" because I would have. However, alone I felt the need to torture myself and finish it. Worst on screen couple ever. I seriously wanted kick them hard. I got the point (which I liked) of the film just not how they decided to portray it. I liked the opening scene but as soon as I saw pom-pom socks it went down hill fast.

Plus side for some men on here: you'll get to see Sarah Silverman naked in a prolonged scene. Also Michelle Williams a few times.

996bf020c999418546d99b3680a8fdaa3c9f36090a46febe69dd0906.jpg

umm, thanks for the heads up. downloading now. what's this about again? actually fuck it who cares?

The Big Year, pretty good. Steve Martin looks like a Botox disaster area though.

One Thousand Words, in fairness, terrible.

The Front, woody in a non woody script/direction. Liked it.

The Kid, deadly.

The Great Dictator, hard to give it a 2012 critique. Didn't like it all but some of it was amazing.

iTunes rentals on holiday. Really handy when all the DVDs in the house are in french.

Midnight In Paris...fucking loved it.

I love a nice romantic film mind you.

Missed this in the Film Festival but saw it this evening at a free preview. Amazing despite slightly depressing me. Did make me thankful that I'm taking off soon for a while. It's odd how something can be so beautiful yet creepy at the same time. Actually, I suppose it's not.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ek-tha-tiger-6a.jpg

Hilarious. I want to go and study in the Trinity Dance Academy now.
Really pretty decent watch, those guys know how to shoot some good action shit and their hi-speed camera stuff is class. Their gunfights are stuck in the 80s though. The Dublin part of the film was pretty great, especially the big dance scene, totally hilarious when the chick is dressed as a Kilkenny hurler. Some good genuinely funny flash-back stuff in there too, kinda similar to that scene in True Lies where Bill Paxton is taking Arnie for a drive in the sports car.
Overall, quite enjoyable, biggest problem probably that it is overlong. Clocks in around 3 hours! There is actually an interval in the middle and everything - I haven't gone to see a film and had an interval break since the time I saw the Seven Samurai in the cinema about 12 years ago!

MV5BMTg4MzA0NjI5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTUwMzQzNg@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

If you are a fan of foreign movies then watch this one. It is absolutely brilliant but also very, very disturbing, . Best film I've seen all year by far.

Here is a brief description :

Director Denis Villeneuve adapts Wajdi Mouawad's play concerning a pair of twins who make a life-altering discovery following the death of their mother. Upon learning that their absentee father is still very much alive and they also have a brother they have never met, the pair travels to the Middle East on a mission to uncover the truth about their mystery-shrouded past.

http://www.putlocker.com/file/6S4C8ME2M204C88C <----- You can watch it here

Sorry..I put up poster image of movie but got deleted for some reason. The name of above movie is Incendies.

I watched Avengers.

The Uma Thurman, Ralph Fiennes one.

It's deeply, deeply silly. And spectacularly bad.

Awful premise. All based on the fact that Steed carries a brolly.
Completely stupid.

Also, Sean Connery is a bad guy and all his henchmen wear huge teddy bear suits.

And Eddie Izzard is in it, playing a tough guy. You can tell he's tough because he chews gum.

And Shaun Ryder is in it. And he's thin!!!

1219442594_1220242496.jpg

Watched it til the bitter, moronic end.

Recommended if you're stoned or suicidal.

Highly enjoyable. I was late to the party with this band because I just couldn't get passed that 'Daft Punk was playing in my house' song. I thank a friend for not giving up and making me listen to them despite my resistance. Any band that can make me dance my heart out in a tent filled with people (that would normally freak me the fuck out) and not care about getting wet (which was not rain but condensation from people's sweat dripping from above) gets a thumbs up in my book.

Shut-Up-And-Play-The-Hits-2012--Front-Cover-67789.jpg

Brilliant. Loved it. I think the whole thing is on youtube but this is just the trailer. This would have been fun to edit and soundtrack.

Users who are viewing this thread

• rettucs
  • ilovehoovering
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back