What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

The Hunger Games...Fucking Laughable.Terrible waste of my time.Great Evil Beard in it though.

SICKO - thoroughly depressing Michael Moore US healthcare expose

Earlier, The Butcher Boy...................... again! Still a beautiful looking film.

butcher-boy-9817.jpg

Now, Heat. Again! Still great. Might pack it in after the bank heist scene though

194280.1020.A.jpg

Heat is a good movie but the main things I remember from it are the terrible 90s fashions and haircuts

An insomnia night so I watched 2 Stanhope specials:

413PV7hLGHL._SS500_.jpg
vAMK1qjrpF3Jau1e32C1YNJabZn.jpg

Then:

Wanderlust%2BFilm.jpg

&
draft_lens19235404module157641049photo_1331705995___a____a_.jpg

Finished off the night with a couple of episodes of Louie to wash away the muck that was Wanderlust & the mehfest that was Jeff Who Lives at Home.

Total Recall.

Very disappointing. He could have made something great with all that money, but he just made a limp blockbuster.

Palpable sense of boredom in the theatre after an hour.

Something from Nothing: The Art of Rap. A bit self indulgent on the part of Ice-T. Would have been a better film if hadn't co-directed. A cast of thousands of rappers, each get a few questions, though they were very likely interviewed for hours. If Ice-T hadn't been co-director maybe other parts of the interviews would have been used. Ice-T acted the tough guy when interviews were carried out on the street, ordering onlookers to move off. Perhaps some scenes of Ice-T getting his ass kicked were omitted.

Ah, its not that bad but wait until it turns up on tv.

a1a34f494c72fd0bf0f72cfbd87eb57d-4097-img-1.jpg

Margaret. Young girl's life gets turned upside down after she witnesses a fatal bus accident. I didn't like it. Anna Paquin's character is one of the most annoying in recent memory.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0466893/

I saw that in the film festival and despite thinking it was going to end about five times before it actually did, I liked it. It wasn't an instant like but one that grew on me over the next couple of days. The director was there and took a lot of criticism and wouldn't answer any questions regarding the lawsuits. You would not be alone in disliking it. Agreed her character was annoying but that was the point. Young, immature not knowing how to deal with something traumatic and often being overly dramatic. Odd seeing a movie that was shot years before but never released. Weirdly felt dated, which actually suited. I think it could have been better as a mini series like Mildred Pierce rather than a feature film.

Paquin's character is awful. She just shouts and screams and strops about the place and is a total wreck head. Matt Damon and Mark Ruffalo were both very good but totally underused. I didn't see the point of half the characters. What was Matthew Broderick doing there?

Paquin's character is awful. She just shouts and screams and strops about the place and is a total wreck head. Matt Damon and Mark Ruffalo were both very good but totally underused. I didn't see the point of half the characters. What was Matthew Broderick doing there?

A young girl who shouts screams and strops ? Surely not ?

That's why I think it would have been better as a mini series. I could see where the story wanted to go but it was too big to fit in the already too long time frame for a film. Characters were underdeveloped and underused. I still like the idea of it though but it needed to be fleshed out more. As for Paquin, isn't that what teenagers do and are like? I warmed up to it thinking it was more real that she was a head wreck rather than knowing what to do and what to say all the time. Being 16 and thinking she knows how the world works but really she hasn't got a clue at the subtleties in it or the bigger picture. It could have been better but I didn't hate it.

A young girl who shouts screams and strops ? Surely not ?

realistic or not it makes for unpleasant viewing. there's a great scene in it where she confronts Mark Ruffalo at his home. it's a gripping scene, mainly due to Ruffalo's note perfect performance as man wracked by guilt and terrified of being caught. it's a shame they didn't focus more on his character instead of this annoying whiny teenager.

Still on my French kick so I rewatched Vivre Sa Vie. So many beautiful still shots. Gorgeous filming and framing.

Next time I'm bored and want to get someone's attention I'm going to do this:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Love that movie.

Last night rewatched Barry Lyndon. It's hard to believe but the real-life story no which it is based on is even more of a melodrama. If anything Kubrick/Thackery toned it down. Stanley does well to humanise the titular character I think. And by removing some of the more farcical elements while still leaving a residue of off-beat humour similar to A Clockwork Orange. And of course, so many gorgeous scenes.

Pierrot le Fou (1965). Quirky film about a couple on the run from Paris with great dialogue. There are some really delightful scene cuts. I laughed a few good times despite it being rather sad underneath.

Ferdinard: I wonder what's keeping the cops. We should be in jail by now.
Marianne: They're smart... They let people destroy themselves.

Trailer:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Bladez
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back