What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

Trainspotting.

It's still the best ever film about drugs. Even if it's not about the drug you like taking you can still recognise all the people that you have to deal with to be on drugs, all the nay sayers all the bores all the complete fuck wits you have to call friends in order to buy drugs and take drugs indoors. Ahh good times. And before you ask no I have never taken heroin but still like I said any habit of taking drugs regularly is reflected here. Ultimately this has the balls to say "we take drugs because it's great fucking fun, we wouldn't do it otherwise" That said it has it's slight flaws, Sick Boy in particular seems to have wandered in off the cutting room floor of a Tarantino movie and there is a certain heroin chic to much of the set design, and costumes. Though that may be because the sets have been ripped off ad nausem ever since. What's crazy looking at it now is that everyone in it is so fucking young. Spud and Rents really do look like teenagers. I remember being around the age that Diane is supposed to be in the film and thinking that it was insane how old the lad she was shagging was. Now I'm thinking fuck I must look like a walking coffin with a beard.
All in all it probably is the best British film of the 90s (nothing pops out to make me rethink this right now anyway) the performances are all excellent (even Johnny Lee Miller is doing his best but it doesn't work quite as well as the rest) Begbie is the second most terrifyingly realistic pschyco of all time after Ben Kingsly in Sexy Beast and if nothing else the whole film is as energetic as you probably remember it being. It's probably not quite as affecting as it was when it came out though. There's a degree to which it's influence has probably outweighed it's power if you get me, but still a modern masterpiece. part Mean Streets part Withnail and I.
Hurrah Danny Boyle you'll be getting an OBE (if you don't already have one) soon and you've also directed a film that was controversial at the time for portraying junkies "enjoying" heroin. You crazy fucker. Oh and if you're 30 and you don't have this poster somewhere you're gay.

trainspotting_diane.jpg

Not that there's anything wrong with being gay.

The Emerald Forest - Powers Boothe's son Charly Boorman gets abducted by the most attractive tribe in the Amazon. 10 years later father and son get reunited and spend their time hanging out with topless tribeswomen. I think some other shit happens. Pretty good.

Finally got around to seeing The Dark Night Rises. I enjoyed it but the missus didn't really. Not as good as the other 2 Nolan movies, but that doesn't mean it sucks. Still way better than most comic based movies! Some pretty dark stuff in there too. Noticed a few clunky edits though which kind of surprised me. A solid 7/10.

District 13

district13.jpg

Some French parkour/asskicking yoke.

Good fun. And it had a message too. Something about all people being equal or something.

There were no helicopters in it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back