What movie did you watch last night? (1 Viewer)

So far this year:

Uncut Gems - excellent. Really tense and anxiety inducing. Awesome sound design.

El Topo - found this a bit tedious but when telling my missus about it the next day it suddenly sounded much better than I thought it was while watching it.

La Dolce Vita - stunning movie.

Alien Covenant the follow up to Prometheus which I really wasn't expecting so I suppose Prometheus was released earlier than I thought then. It's a very different film and goes into some almost cheesy horror stuff and overly rehashes the franchise with some iffy cgi also. I will definitely watch it again though ! The plot is a bit scrambled but it does lay the groundwork for some more typical Alien films. (which I guess we've already seen since these are set in the past)

1917 - basically a first person shooter movie

Less a meditation on war than on cinematic bravura - McKay and Chapman disappear into their roles, but Mendes never does.

And having major actors show up non-stop for big cameos is counterproductive also.

My date liked it. So it all ended well.
And we got an Arclight cinema, which is the fucking balls.

Watched Zama over the weekend. I was pretty bamboozled by the whole thing. It was sort of Aguirre, the Wrath of God by way of Tristram Shandy. Had it's moments but not sure if it lives up to all the acclaim.

Knives Out - pretty good. Anything with Don Johnson in the cast is off to a good start with me before I even know what it's about. I suppose the only thing I didn't enjoy was the clip of the director before the film imploring the audience not to give away the ending. Like I get that's a thing with say The Mousetrap but if you're going to do it then how about doing it in a knowing way or with some flair rather being all po-faced?

I watched it last night too. It was good fun in a TV movie sort of way. It wasn't as "woah..what a twist" (such as Witness for the Prosecution) experience as I'd been led to believe

I watched Mother on Friday night and loved it. It's one of those films that you would feel slightly wary about recommending to anyone but it is awesome.
Full disclosure: I did end up watching a video on YouTube that explained the ending because I didn't quite grasp everything that was going on and I have to say it did actually add to it.

I watched Mother on Friday night and loved it. It's one of those films that you would feel slightly wary about recommending to anyone but it is awesome.
Full disclosure: I did end up watching a video on YouTube that explained the ending because I didn't quite grasp everything that was going on and I have to say it did actually add to it.
I had one interpretation at the end of it and then read up on it and was even more impressed. It thought it was an incredible film.

Mother is fuckin pretentious shite that's as subtle as a sledgehammer in the face.

In other news, I saw Uncut Gems there and it's fuckin class (not as good a movie as Good Time but more entertaining) and it's also about as subtle as a sledgehammer in the face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back