What movie did you watch last night? (4 Viewers)

Lili Marlene

Fast as You Can
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
I rewatched the Hunter the other day

has all the signs of suits meddling with the script in the final act where everything interesting it was setting up immediately falls apart and a dreadful "happy" ending is tacked on. Lots of beautiful shots of Tasmania though. Could have been really good.

Bernie Lomax

Threads
I rewatched the Hunter the other day

has all the signs of suits meddling with the script in the final act where everything interesting it was setting up immediately falls apart and a dreadful "happy" ending is tacked on. Lots of beautiful shots of Tasmania though. Could have been really good.
i liked it but tbh i'll watch willem dafoe in anything

Cormcolash

Threads
Website
geocities.com
New Terminator is great craic. First half of the film is really good, second half of the film gets sillier, easily the best Terminator since T2 though. First half is up there near T2 level, second half lets it down a bit.

Bernie Lomax

Threads
Joker. It was better than expected. First 2/3’s are sloppy and obvious but the third act is really good and Phoenix is great despite the character being a bit underdeveloped

prefuse

Threads
Obey Giant. A documentary about pop, street artist Shepard Fairey. Pretty good.
This is probably his most well known creation. It ended up in a court case over copyright infringement.

Cormcolash

Threads
Website
geocities.com
COUNTDOWN.

People can download an app that tells them when they will die, but what happens when it's 2 days away and the app starts killing people?

This is a very entertaining piece of schlock that's reminiscent of Happy Death Day and that kind of thing. It's really a pretty well-made film, despite the fairly ludicrous premise. It's not exactly hilarious, but there's some real nice editing and camera shots that add some levity, there's some supporting characters that are quite funny really (including a priest), and all the actors do a good job with it. Great film to watch if you're bored and want something silly for a laugh.

Bernie Lomax

Threads
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. Decent, October-y, halloween-y atmosphere but ti's aimed at a younger audience so not very scary and suffers from the thing that 95% of modern horror films suffer from - bad CGI monsters!

Wounds - another horror on Netflix. Armie Hammer plays a barman who finds a phone in his bar and starts receiving cryptic, disturbing messages on it and he starts going mad, as people are want to do in these films. Based on a short novella that I read and it works better as a short story than a feature film. I didn't really care enough about any of the characters in the film. But at least the CGI was minimal!

hydromancer

Supporter
Threads
Trainspotting 1and 2 ~ I can't remember when I last saw trainspotting probably in the 90's at the time all the hype around it put me off but it really is a great film. The second one doesn't disappoint at all mostly it's bigsbys unpredictable and violent character that adds some tension to the plot but all the others are also well played and it becomes a little self reflective. It's kind of mad to think of the first one as becoming pop culture.

Fright Night ~ A remake of this set in Vegas with Colin Farrell as a 4×4 driving wife beater weareing vampire living next door that flirts with the main characters mother. This diverges allot from the original but in other ways stays true. It's not bad all but still felt it was missing something maybe a little to fast moving and you kinda know the ending.

Interview with a vampire ~ Classic vampire film where the two main vampire characters raise an orphaned vampire girl and form a sort of family unit. Brad Pitt struggles with the metaphysical problems of being a Vampire Tom cruise just wants to get on with it. Good decadent and opulent period setting which takes right up to the then present day.

Terminator Genisys ~ Fine shoot them and blow them up sort of thing of course chase after them to. Arnie is like some outdated VCR or something but he still runs. Skynet as it turns out takes over the world through the internet probably as some sort of music app like Spotify if you just ignore the nonsensical time traveling plot then and it's grand.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• White Light / White Heat
    The Gift
    The Velvet Underground
    White Light / White Heat
  • Melodrama
    Hard Feelings/Loveless
    Lorde
    Melodrama
  • The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
    Memorial
    Explosions In The Sky
    The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads