What movie did you watch last night? (3 Viewers)

_Katie_

Threads
Watched Rust and Bone last night. Fell asleep before the end. Kind of a bonkers story but a great performance from Marion Colltilard.

hermie

Supporter
Threads
Website
Visit site
Watched Rust and Bone last night. Fell asleep before the end. Kind of a bonkers story but a great performance from Marion Colltilard.
Loved that one. Due a rewatch I think. She's one of my favourite actresses. Have you seen Two Days, One Night?

hugh

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
The Russia House - I'm on a John Le Carre buzz at the moment so checked out this film adaptation from the early 90s (I think) with Sean Connery and Michelle Pfeiffer. It was okay. A somewhat pedestrian adaptation whose main point of interest was great location shooting in both Moscow and Leningrad.

Cormcolash

Threads
Website
geocities.com
I saw Once Upon A Time in Tarantino's Head.

Pretty good overall, definitely one of his better efforts. The cinematography was really nice, some of the shots were fuckin great. Music was mostly shite, as to be expected nowadays from that guy "Oh I've got a record collection!" yeah big fuckin deal 2entin. The acting was pretty great, Di Caprio was actually really good, and the script was also pretty good, didn't feel like it was trying too hard like some of his shit.
Biggest minus for me is the fact that the story doesn't go anywhere/say anything interesting (even though the film is entertaining), I don't really have time for Tarantino's fantasy wanks after Inglorious Basterds. Also Netflix etc. is obsessed with serial killer shit these days and I'm like fuckin yawn really. If you want to watch a film based on a mentalist then I recommend Argentinian film The Clan, which has one of the greatest screen psycho performances of all time and is a fuckin amazing film.

Lili Marlene

Wanna Get Out
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
I saw Once Upon A Time in Tarantino's Head.

Pretty good overall, definitely one of his better efforts. The cinematography was really nice, some of the shots were fuckin great. Music was mostly shite, as to be expected nowadays from that guy "Oh I've got a record collection!" yeah big fuckin deal 2entin. The acting was pretty great, Di Caprio was actually really good, and the script was also pretty good, didn't feel like it was trying too hard like some of his shit.
Biggest minus for me is the fact that the story doesn't go anywhere/say anything interesting (even though the film is entertaining), I don't really have time for Tarantino's fantasy wanks after Inglorious Basterds. Also Netflix etc. is obsessed with serial killer shit these days and I'm like fuckin yawn really. If you want to watch a film based on a mentalist then I recommend Argentinian film The Clan, which has one of the greatest screen psycho performances of all time and is a fuckin amazing film.
The curse of that man's career, all he has to say about anything is "I love films, now i'm going to recreate a bunch of them". If he was reigned in and given a script by someone with ideas he could be so brilliant because there's no denying the man can write a scene.

But sure, what is culture in 2019 if it's not expensive recreations in place of having something to say.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads