What movie did you watch last night? (7 Viewers)

Bernie Lomax

Threads
High Life. Death row criminals who have been sent to space on a suicide mission get experimented on by a crazy doctor in freaky sci fi horror from Claire Denis. Won’t be to everyone’s tastes but had enough wtf moments to keep my interest.

Unicron

Supporter
Threads
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
I’m not sure I can cope with another Claire Denis movie after Trouble Every Day, that one left a mark...
I've never actually seen any of her stuff. My whatsapp pitch to the friend I'm going with was this ...

"would you have any interest in High Life, it's the debut English language feature by Claire Denis, who is a really well regarded French director. Who's work I have never seen before"

Bernie Lomax

Threads
I've only seen High Life and Trouble Every Day. I liked them both but preferred High Life as it seemed to offer more than just revolting gore and it has a distinct visual style.

hugh

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Going to High Life this evening. Looking forward to it. TED is a bit of an outlier in her body of work. It's not all gore and weirdness.

Lili Marlene

Wanna Get Out
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
I wanna see High Life as well.

I saw Eight Grade there over the weekend and it was so good! I laughed, I cried, I'm still a bit upset by it. Yeah.

hermie

Threads
Website
Visit site
I've seen Beau Travail. Don't remember anything about it, except the guy's extremely distinctive face. I think it's about the French foreign legion.

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
Going to High Life this evening. Looking forward to it. TED is a bit of an outlier in her body of work. It's not all gore and weirdness.
I have also seen 35 Rhums (might not be its exact title) and it was a bit boring. Great soundtracks to her films though from Tindersticks. The title song from TED is amazing.

hugh

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Now I have to go to a Camogie match in Crumlin this evening. No French cinematic smut for me tonight after all.

prefuse

Threads
The Sentinel (1977) on the horror channel. One of those post Exorcist-mania American horror films directed by that old cad Michael Winner. Quiet a big cast, a mix of older stars & now familiar faces in early roles. Its good in places, nicely shot, decent gore effects & some genuinely strange atmospheric scenes, but there’s a lot of stilted dialogue & some odd disjointed acting.

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
I recently rediscovered this. I had last seen it when I was about 12 and it left a big impression on me.

I agree with what you say about it. It's "almost" a really great movie. I like it more each time I watch it.

The house itself is still available to rent. How cool would that be?

*note "winner" rating

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
I recently rediscovered this. I had last seen it when I was about 12 and it left a big impression on me.

I agree with what you say about it. It's "almost" a really great movie. I like it more each time I watch it.

The house itself is still available to rent. How cool would that be?

*note "winner" rating
They've done it up a bit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)

• travispickle

We're listening to...

• Change
    Memory
    Cindy Wilson
    Change

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads