What movie did you watch last night? (10 Viewers)

Also on the list, we just watched The Big Lebowski. First time seeing it since it came out. I liked it fine the first time. I preferred it this time, still don't go mad for it. Too long.

I watched Cloud Atlas today. It was on the DVR for months. Quiet good, Sprawling (2 hours 50 minutes). 6 different stores, set in 6 different era's intercut throughout the film. I like that films like this can still get made in the age of mindless blockbusters & remakes.

I've heard only amazing things about Into the Spiderverse.

In classic Christmas Ciara fashion, I did my yearly Ghibli rewatch to get through the sleepy period. Watched:

- My Neighbour Totoro
- Kiki's Delivery Service
- Pom Poko
- Tales from the Earthsea
- Howl's Moving Castle
- Porco Rosso

ALL WONDERFUL <3

Yes well, Ghibli films are good enough to be taken seriously so I like to give them the respect they deserve and not treat them as an extended universe of nostalgic brain mush.

BUT THAT'S JUST ME.

I have never watched a single one of them. Should they be watched in Japanese with subtitles or dubbed?

I normally watch the subs, just because I'm used to it at this stage and its nice to hear the original voice actors, but generally, they actually have really decent dubs! Some of them, mainly a lot of the more country-throwbacky ones (Arrietty for example) have super posho Mary Poppins English voice dubs that kind of annoy me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back