What movie did you watch last night? (8 Viewers)

Actually the Conversation was always the one I thought overrated. People incorrectly assuming it was worthier because it's boring.

I remember seeing this in the mid 90's on BBC2 and being utterly transfixed from the get go. A masterpiece of insidious paranoia that is more prescient now than it ever was. This was perhaps Hackman's greatest performance too.

A Quiet Place. Yeah, ok I guess. Execution was good and tense but the premise is pretty stupid.

if these creatures hunt by sound then 99% of the population would have been wiped out by sleep farting alone

A Quiet Place. Yeah, ok I guess. Execution was good and tense but the premise is pretty stupid.

if these creatures hunt by sound then 99% of the population would have been wiped out by sleep farting alone
I guess you have to work under the assumption that they were all silent but violent farters

Last Year at Marienbad
220px-Last_year_marienbad.jpg

Needed some hollywood schlock and went with the Martian. Better than anticipated and full of horn. Kristen Wiig/Jessica Chastain/Kate Mara. Hello NASA.

They Remain. Creepy sci fi horror thing about a couple of scientists, working for a mysterious government department, investigating strange goings on in the woods. Reminded me of Annihilation but on a much smaller budget. Worked for me!

Black Panther. I liked it very much. One of the better Marvel movies of late. Best baddie in a while.

Thoroughbreds. Black comedy about two teenage girls who plot to kill one of their stepdads. Very good. Bit of a Heathers buzz off this one. All the performances are great but special mention to the sadly missed Anton Yelchin as the loser burnout drug dealer they rope in to do the dirty work. RIP : (

from the last week or so....

Midnight Run - I ended up watching this after spending about 20 minutes browsing Netflix and Amazon trying to find something good before I got a bit desperate. It was a bit strange (because it was the 80s?) but I think I enjoyed it.

Wonder Woman - this was ok. I'll give the sequel a chance.

Spider-Man: Homecoming - I really enjoyed this as someone who has only seen a couple of Marvel/DC movies since they started.

Star Trek Beyond - shite. It just reminded me of one of the average Next Generation films except it has the disadvantage of not featuring any characters or actors I like.

The French Connection - this was great.

Midnight Run - I ended up watching this after spending about 20 minutes browsing Netflix and Amazon trying to find something good before I got a bit desperate. It was a bit strange (because it was the 80s?) but I think I enjoyed it.

Spider-Man: Homecoming - I really enjoyed this as someone who has only seen a couple of Marvel/DC movies since they started.

Star Trek Beyond - shite. It just reminded me of one of the average Next Generation films except it has the disadvantage of not featuring any characters or actors I like.

Ha, watched Midnight Run a couple of months ago in the exact same circumstances and with the same reaction. Strange but watchable.

French Connection, obviously a classic. Probably due a rewatch!

images

Absolutely FANTASTIC 10/10

Almost a good as last years 11/10 mindblowing blockbuster best movie ever

FIN09_Mother_1Sht_Dom_JLaw_CrackedPaint_Online.jpg

I wish i could go back in time and see both of those movies for the first time again.In the cinema

Ha, watched Midnight Run a couple of months ago in the exact same circumstances and with the same reaction. Strange but watchable.

French Connection, obviously a classic. Probably due a rewatch!
Midnight run is a good father/son bonding film. I've watched it many times with Bernie Lomax Sr.

The French Connection is Friedkin at the height of his powers. Pure visceral, exciting, seat of the pants 70s filmmaking. Magic stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back