What movie did you watch last night? (7 Viewers)

Oh also saw You Were Never Really Here over the weekend. Didn't really get this. It had its moments but the story was basically non-existent and a lot of the action sort of weirdly staged. A bit disappointing.

rips along.

On the DVR for a while so today I watched kill your friends. I read the book a few years ago & the film is as I expected it to be. Both are fine but I'm just a bit bored of the whole ruthless, narcisstictic sociopath who will do anything to get what he wants shtick.

Went to see Avengers: Infinity War in the blanch imax this morning. It was simultaneously everything I thought it would be and not at all what i was expecting.

Those recliner seats though.

I watched The voices on channel 4 last night. T'was decent. A kind of quirky film about an accidental serial killer who talks to his pets when he doesn't take his meds. His cat tells him to do bad things. Cats are evil, we all know that.

Silverado
First time watching it since I was a child. At the time I thought it was a gritty combination of Deadwood, Unforgiven and The Wild Bunch. Now I realise it was a comedy.

Kingsmen the Golden Circle
Not at all as enjoyable as the first one. The joke with the tracking device was funny though,

Oh also saw You Were Never Really Here over the weekend. Didn't really get this. It had its moments but the story was basically non-existent and a lot of the action sort of weirdly staged. A bit disappointing.

went to the cinema with a couple of mates to see it last month. I remember that we were all a little bit unsatisfied with it overall. Joaquin Phoenix was really good in it. Wouldn't watch it again.

I watched It Follows again the other night. It absolutely blew me away the first time I watched it. It was one of those films that stayed with me for a long time. I was pretty knackered watching it the 2nd time so didn't have as much of an impact.

Revenge. French action thriller. Woman gets raped and left for dead by her scumbag rich husband and his mates. She survived and enacts bloody revenge after eating some super strong peyote. The violence is ludicrously OTT but it zips along at a terrific pace. Good if you like this sort of thing.

Re-watched two films that I hadn’t seen in about 20 years. Candyman has aged better than I expected but not exactly a classic. Akira is still as good as I remembered. The end sequence is glorious and the whole film looks fantastic. I think I might finally get around to reading the comics it was based on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back