What movie did you watch last night? (9 Viewers)

The Square. Went to this with the missus because Phoenix was cancelled. She works with lots of social media PR types and I know lots of contemporary art types so we both enjoyed it's relentless pilloring of both.
Saw this. Loved it. Whereas Force Majeure was a great idea handled a bit clumsily at times, this while perhaps lacking slightly in clarity makes up for it in just great bonkers, high-wire drama. Some fantastic scenes. It's a weird one for the Palme d'Or, sort of making up for those who thought Toni Erdmann should have won last year perhaps.

My daughter has recently developed an attention span that covers the length of a movie so we watched Toy Story and Inside Out over the weekend. Going to watch the Toy Story sequels next. She hasn’t really got a clue what’s going on but she enjoys it.

the ritual. really enjoyed the first hour. a very Blair Witch type affair done well which was perfectly fine by me. last half hour. Krud.

I couldn't get through this. Cusack, who I tend to like, irritated the hole off me in it. I wanted to deck the cunt.
I feel the same way. Cusack just does Cusack. I didlike the young Brian Paul Dano stuff

I sort of admire it for trying to do something different with the music biopic but it was still crap

I couldn't get through this. Cusack, who I tend to like, irritated the hole off me in it. I wanted to deck the cunt.
I did enjoy the 60s sequences a lot more than the 80s bits. Anytime he was on screen, it was very noticible you were looking at John Cusack. But they did get across what a miserable existence Brian Wilson was having.
I sort of admire it for trying to do something different with the music biopic but it was still crap
That's what Mike Love said when he heard Pet Sounds. You're Mike Love Bernie.

I had a Mars double bill of The Martian ( not bad) followed by Capricron One (classic 70s). Capricorn One makes me want to go and buy the DVD, The Martian..it's good but I doubt I'll re-watch it for a while.

Green Room - gripping, enjoyable. But ... but .... am I missing something here or am I getting this film mixed up with something else? I remember the chatter around this when it came out being about how violent it was (check) but also about some scene near the end that involves some sort of fucked up disturbing transgressive weirdo shit that changes the tone of the whole thing. Did I imagine this? Or did I fall asleep for some part?

Mirror - beautiful, mesmerising. Everything else seems rubbish after watching a Tarkovsky film.

Green Room - gripping, enjoyable. But ... but .... am I missing something here or am I getting this film mixed up with something else? I remember the chatter around this when it came out being about how violent it was (check) but also about some scene near the end that involves some sort of fucked up disturbing transgressive weirdo shit that changes the tone of the whole thing. Did I imagine this? Or did I fall asleep for some part?
Don’t think so. You may be thinking of Don’t Breathe Don't Breathe (2016) - IMDb

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. A wee bit mawkish at times and Keira Knightley's cutsey acting can be cloying but she redeems herself right at the very end.

Also The Bobby Sands 66 Days documentary up on Netflix is absolutely fantastic...impossible not to be moved by it regardless of whatever political persuasion you might have. I'm stoic at the best of times but have to admit to shedding a tear or two watching it. Only negative was that slit mouthed cunt - Fintan O'Toole's participation in it.

Bobby Sands: 66 Days | Netflix

dabb97918c1dc95dcdd0c6ca8fc2da5c6b324ba7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back