What movie did you watch last night? (20 Viewers)

The fucking reveal in this

You're morto for almost everyone involved
I had to stop the conversation at dinner after we saw it
"Ok, let's just try and find things we liked"
It's so easy to be mad at this film
There were some nuggets in there

I wonder if whatsherface, the short girl there, started all that drama just to avoid having to promote it
some of the 50s suburban sci-fi aesthetic was good (but I honestly had no idea it was a sci-fi!!! i thought it was a romantic melodrama).

Lasted 3 minutes of Tenet last night before realising I couldn't be bothered.

Terminator: Dark Fate. It gets a pass because you have such low expectations. But really the bar for cinema is so low now, just crap.

tech-noir-index.jpg

Strange World: It was fine, not bad but nothing to write home about. Some of the visuals were great though.

Knives Out: Thought this was fun, not quite Agatha Christie levels of satisfying but decent whodunnit.

I saw Corsage the other day.
It's a good film, about one of the last empresseseses of the Austro-Hungarian lads, and her struggle with the 'lifestyle expected' of an Empress. It occurred to me after, I actually saw her tomb earlier in the year.
Anyway, good film, but it is a bit odd alright, like I don't know how historical it actually is, it seems to me there's probably a good rake of artistic license being taken throughout. This feeling is exacerbated by the weird ending (won't give any spoilers here) which definitely doesn't follow actual events.
It seems odd for a film like this to indulge in fiction/a-historicity as well. Aside from that it's very good all in all.

Edit: Oh yeah, the soundtrack is fucking shit. This was a brilliant opportunity to fill the screen with amazing music that would fit the period, instead you have some fucking modern trash for most of it, a missed chance.

Last edited:
Strange World: It was fine, not bad but nothing to write home about. Some of the visuals were great though.

Knives Out: Thought this was fun, not quite Agatha Christie levels of satisfying but decent whodunnit.
Watched Glass Onion and not getting the dislike of it from you lot. It wasn’t as good as the first one but the second half of the movie was particularly good.

The green inferno. Very flawed. I get that it's a homage to the late 70's Italian cannibal films, but the clunky dialogue at the collage. bad.
The antagonist is cartoonish- ly bad.
No animals were killed so there's that. And it's super gory

Also, the other film we watched was Skatetown usa. Rollerdisco, cocaine, disco, 70's TV stars in a movie. It was a glorious mess

The Sentinel (1977) on the horror channel. One of those post Exorcist-mania American horror films directed by that old cad Michael Winner. Quiet a big cast, a mix of older stars & now familiar faces in early roles. Its good in places, nicely shot, decent gore effects & some genuinely strange atmospheric scenes, but there’s a lot of stilted dialogue & some odd disjointed acting.
Rewatched this again last night. Still love it despite its flaws and poor choices.

Blade Runner ..One of the greatest films ever. Amazing to look at.

Total Recall ..rubbery looking mutants

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back