What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

Smile .. great craic . Fell short of greatness but not tooo far

Amazing sound design on it

The recliner seats in screen 8 in the Savoy are a bit ridiculous. You'd fall asleep if the movie was too long

Decision to Leave. Park Ji-Sung's newest film. It's fuckin awesome, one of the films of the year, beats the shit out of anything coming out of Hollywood this year. He should 100% get best director for this, so many of the shots and cuts are just fucking brilliant, really funny at times too.
I saw this last night, I've enjoyed the previous Park Chan Wook movies I've seen but I honestly found this one hard work.. I liked the basic framework of it being sort of Hitchcock type story (cop becomes obsessed romantically with a murder suspect) & there were some cool stylized shot choices & striking imagery but the twisty narrative folding back on itself a couple of times didn't feel to me like it was adding to the depth of the main relationship so much as just adding needless complexity and length.. after 90 minutes or so I'd lost track of the motivations and games being played by the main characters and was feeling like I was probably missing some chunk of cultural context to fully make sense of it.

The Banshees of Inisherin. Funny, poignant, grim as fuck.
Not sure if it was the wisest thing to watch when under the spell of the Sunday night fear.

I saw this last night, I've enjoyed the previous Park Chan Wook movies I've seen but I honestly found this one hard work.. I liked the basic framework of it being sort of Hitchcock type story (cop becomes obsessed romantically with a murder suspect) & there were some cool stylized shot choices & striking imagery but the twisty narrative folding back on itself a couple of times didn't feel to me like it was adding to the depth of the main relationship so much as just adding needless complexity and length.. after 90 minutes or so I'd lost track of the motivations and games being played by the main characters and was feeling like I was probably missing some chunk of cultural context to fully make sense of it.
I didn't find it difficult to follow and it was very funny, shrug

The Banshees of Inisherin. Funny, poignant, grim as fuck.
Not sure if it was the wisest thing to watch when under the spell of the Sunday night fear.
I like this user review on IMDb: "This movie is sad and heartbreaking within minutes of watching the opening credits. Movies are meant to teach and uplift. This movie made me want to go home and kill myself."

The Banshee of inshwhateverthefuck.

Entertaining enough yarn.

But tbh it's a bit too Nathan Carter and not enough Johnny Cash.

If you get my drift.

It's like Shakespeare wrote an episode of Killnaskully

Of Colour Adam.

DC's latest superhero thing, and it's not great, not terrible. It's alright by superhero film standards - actually Gerry Adams is very good in it. And The Rock is at least decent in everything. It does suffer from being overlong, and of course a lot of it is quite formulaic, but there are some nice touches in the film, like a consideration of people helping themselves instead of relying on superheroes, and a really nice bit about the country it all happens in being totally ignored and oppression blind eyed until the point where there was something interesting for the 'international community' to pay attention to there.

The warlords of Atlantis (1978)
On the legend channel today. Seen it before. For some reason I've always liked these hoaky old fantasy / adventure films. Doug McClure and his shipmates on a deep sea science expedition discover the fabled city of Atlantis. Its all very formulaic, simple stuff. There's good guys and bad guys, shoot outs & explosions. Some dodgy special effects, plenty of big rubber monsters and the beautiful woman in pearl who only has eyes for our square jawed hero.

Hmmm

I had been meaning to see this, but ... well, I'm perfectly capable of feeling miserable without paying to watch a movie
When they were filming it me and mate cycled the the greenway with the idea of ending up on the beach, not knowing about filming it and were turned away at the top of the hill. I hope someday someone spots an out of timeline pair of cyclists looking dejected. the crew were in the bar that night though so i should be able to figure where in the movie we are due to eavesdropping

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back