What movie did you watch last night? (17 Viewers)

rewatched godfather 2 and 3 this week.

I was too lazy to turn on the subtitles but still good. Kinda look at it more like the big lebowski now.

Black 47, not as arresting as the first watch, but a solid show all the same.

Was watching 'The Great Train Robbery' on TG4 there, and there was a train station shot where I was thinking "That looks very like Pearse Street". Then the end scene was definitely Trinity, turns out it was mostly shot in Ireland but actually the station was the Cork main station. Connery pulled out some good stunts, climbing about on top of the moving train. Apparently that was shot on the old Mullingar-Athlone line.

I watched lords of chaos on filmfour.
I knew there was a lot of criticism of this regarding the accuracy of what actually happened, the way people are portrayed, the Hollywood - isation, accents, music, ect....but overall it was good. Didn't start well, but got better as it developed. I didn't watch the final murder, tbh. Don't need to see that.

I watched lords of chaos on filmfour.
I knew there was a lot of criticism of this regarding the accuracy of what actually happened, the way people are portrayed, the Hollywood - isation, accents, music, ect....but overall it was good. Didn't start well, but got better as it developed. I didn't watch the final murder, tbh. Don't need to see that.
the violence was brutal

Reminiscence.
This crime against the cinematic arts is brought to you by Huge Jackedman, 'writer-director' Lisa Joy who co-created the Westworld series (presumably the other creator had all the talent), and of course Christopher Nolan must also take some responsibility for the crime. She's married to his brother after all, and seems to want to try and copy his films.

There's a funny thing with this in that whilst it's definitely complete trash (particularly when it comes to the writing), there are still a few nice things about it. It's set in the post-ice cap melt world that resembles something Paolo Bacigalupi would write (and I've read two of his books that were good), there are some fairly stylish shots, and there's one good action/fight scene that isn't bad.
Apart from that, it's fucking bollocks. The whole film is presented as a 'future noir', complete with Huge Jacked narrative exposition, and by doing this it manages to be like 70 years out of date despite being set in the future, because there sure ain't anything fuckin new about it here. The film would have worked far better as a straight-up sci-fi film more in the vein of a less ridiculous Total Recall, without the dreary dialogue clogging it up. Probably still would have been bollocks though.

Slumber party massacre 2. 80's sleazy slasher. First forty minutes or so, are awful. Crap acting/script/pacing ect... Latter half picks up though.
Straight edge kegger, Not the best, but it is clearly a low budget project of love. Great sound track.
Candyman. Horror done right. (bar some dodgy acting)

Let's scare Jessica to death. Shockingly, and annoyingly misleading title for an interesting take on a vampire movie. I keep assuming the protagonist was being set up and everyone was in on it, but no. I'm annoyed at being mislead and it really took away from the film.

Superbad ..pretty funny .Mclovin heh

We started Crouching Tiger but I wasnt having it so we tried ...
They Live .. fucking excellent can't believe I never saw it before. Daughter loved it too. She has great taste in fairness

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back